I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

What did you work on today?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by Boom Boom »

And that is why I mix gas and tune carbs....
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Thats not all its cracked up to be either. :censored: I've been spending some time again on the 150 trying to get that low-rpm WOT bog fixed before Hatfield. I've emailed back and forth w/ JD and haven't gotten much of anywhere. The Mikuni simply goes lean at low rpm w/ the throttle pinned. I ordered the next two larger main jets last night. The largest in the JD kit helped but its still not gone. Not sure if its going to make my high rpm WOT too rich though. If it stops freakin' raining every afternoon I will see.

I'm even tempted enough to go buy a different needle/metering rod for the Lectron and give it another try. At least I know for which way I have to adjust now.

It makes me long again for the tpi version. This would be a 30 sec fix w/ a programmable ecu...
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Jtrobb
DAMN Expert

Post by Jtrobb »

I have the WB165 specified needle in the husky's lectron, if you would like to try/test it you more then welcome to. The husky spends most of its time sitting the garage now that the trials bike has showed me what a "real lightweight" bike can do.

I also have the mikuni that came on the husky and had it running pretty good with the 144 top end, your welcome to try that also if I can find where i put it.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I finally opened up the box with the battery for my xtrainer. I went with the pricy antigravity restart battery since it keeps a bit in reserve and has a push button to allow access to the reserve capacity (I recognize that this is not the same as having a kick-starter...). I connected with the company rep on advrider and he gave me a 30% discount, just for asking. I discovered he threw a couple of extras into the box too, a flashight/speaker/usb battery and a bluetooth hat:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

SCORE!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Hung drywall and tape/mudded in the addition today. Yesterday, I finished the plumbing for the addition for the washing machine. Next time I'm home on either Friday or Saturday, I'm going to sand and then mud again in the addition so I can paint it next week and then put the flooring down.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Swapped the 4 spoke wheels for a set of 6 spoke wheels on my Frontier. I dont know what nissans fascination is with 4 spoke wheels but I don't care for them.

Before

After

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

the 6 spoke look WAY Better!
Lots of cool bikes---
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I've had a new radiator and radiator hoses in the garage for a few weeks now waiting for the right time to put them in. The plastic tanks on either side of the radiator were seeping a bit and I figured before they catastrophically failed, I'd replace the radiator. $217 for a new radiator, hoses, and special coolant for the Volvo.

I also figured while I had the radiator and intercooler out (they're married and have to come out together), I'd have room to pop the clutch off of my AC compressor to remove the spacer shims. After 329k miles, the air gap was getting too big and sometimes the compressor clutch wouldn't engage.

Go figure, I gave myself plenty of time to do the job and I don't need to drive the car for a week+, so I had no problems and I got it done in fewer than 3 hours. AC works great still and the radiator has no leaks. :thumbup:
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I managed to put fresh tires on the venerable DR650. Tried and true Pirelli MT21 for the front. Instead of a Dunlop D606 for the rear Im trying a new one. Mitas E-09.

The Mitas was kinda tough to get on. Or went on okay but couldnt get the bead to seat. I layed the tire out in the sun for hours to get hot. Then tried putting it on the bike and I rode around a little. Still wouldnt seat. So I rode over to Sam’s house and he helped me get it.
Had to take it off, relube, use a C-clamp thinggee and eventually got it right.

Ready for the KAT
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200