I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

What did you work on today?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by gots_a_sol »

Noice, definitely jealous of that!
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Trying to sort out the carb on my garage queen Beta. She was pissing gas for a minute.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Laoch wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:39 pm Trying to sort out the carb on my garage queen Beta. She was pissing gas for a minute.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
Sweet Beta!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

The alternator seized on my Kubota L2250 tractor. I've been expecting that since the charging system is kaput. No big deal since it is a diesel; just charge the battery frequently. I had a regulator waiting and a chinese alternator was only $70. Got a new belt from NAPA for $10 or so.

The alternator is easy to get to. Had it off in 15 minutes. There is a fan shaft that runs from the water pump forward to the fan. It is supposed to collapse like a PTO shaft. Two hours later, and two cans of PB Blaster, the rain started. &^%$# shaft is rusted tight and it isn't obvious how to get it off without disassembling the front of the tractor. ARGHHHH!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Rut Row wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:14 am The alternator seized on my Kubota L2250 tractor. I've been expecting that since the charging system is kaput. No big deal since it is a diesel; just charge the battery frequently. I had a regulator waiting and a chinese alternator was only $70. Got a new belt from NAPA for $10 or so.

The alternator is easy to get to. Had it off in 15 minutes. There is a fan shaft that runs from the water pump forward to the fan. It is supposed to collapse like a PTO shaft. Two hours later, and two cans of PB Blaster, the rain started. &^%$# shaft is rusted tight and it isn't obvious how to get it off without disassembling the front of the tractor. ARGHHHH!
post a pic so that we all can laugh :lol2:
Every day is a good day when you ride
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

You should have left room in your garage to do actual garage work :lol2:

Try heat to loosen it up.
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Laoch wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:35 am You should have left room in your garage to do actual garage work :lol2:

Try heat to loosen it up.
I hope someday to have space in the shop for this kind of work :pray:

It's the shaft that sticks out of the pump pulley. I think I can get the spacer (those nuts in the middle are where the spacer should be) out and slide the belt through there. If not, will be getting out the torch!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

It is ORANGE, what do you expect?
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I didn't actually do any real work yet but I found the source of the coolant that's been dripping from my versys. A rock or something punctured the radiator. I managed to find an oem one on ebay that looks good. It was a little more than a new one from China but I decided to go the safer route.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Marylander wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:17 pm I didn't actually do any real work yet but I found the source of the coolant that's been dripping from my versys. A rock or something punctured the radiator. I managed to find an oem one on ebay that looks good. It was a little more than a new one from China but I decided to go the safer route.
Myler's Radiator does awesome work!
https://www.motorcycleradiators.com/pro ... tor-repair
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.