I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

What did you work on today?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by gots_a_sol »

Changed the oil in my Frontier plus the oil/trans fluid in my GTI.

Finally put the hitch on the Frontier that has been laying in the driveway for months. I had started to put it on back in the summer but promptly snapped off my thread chaser in the frame :censored: Fortunately it had enough sticking out to grab with vise grips plus a little heat and it spun back out surprisingly easy. Would not even think of budging without the heat.

I need to order the wiring harness adapter yet, but I mostly just use the small truck for jockeying trailers around the house and not any actual towing as I have the Excursion for that.

Side note, this is the 3rd truck in a row I've bought that didn't have a hitch on it. 2 Frontiers and a Dodge 2500. Weird luck there.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

It's not really a truck without a hitch.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I made a cabinet for my digital fireplace. It has a small heater too. Just right for my 4-seasons room.

Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Found this perfect size cargo net with tie downs built in on the four corners to fit my Transit. Works perfect to get the sleeping bags, blankets and pillow off the floor and out of the way! 5 min to put up and take down. Too easy! Lots of adjustment on the straps/tie downs so you can position it forward or back about 3.5 feet to get it right where you want it.

Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Firebolter wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:30 am Found this perfect size cargo net
^ link?
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

smdub wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:00 pm
^ link?
https://www.uscargocontrol.com/shop/Enc ... ungee-Nets

3 different sizes. Now this may seem expensive when you look at them, but they are MEGA strong (2 inch straps rated to 10K pounds) and have the tie downs sewn into them. If you want I can take some more pictures but the website shows em' pretty good. You might find them cheaper if you shop around. I like that I can use it in the pickup if I need to as well.
Lots of cool bikes---
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I've spent most of the last week starting the conversion of the barn on our new property into a shop.
Step 1: Remove horse stalls:

The first 2 stalls went pretty slowly as I was trying to save some of the wood. After I adopted the Kubota/chainsaw method the last two stall came out in a hurry...bonfire pics to follow. :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:17 pm The first 2 stalls went pretty slowly as I was trying to save some of the wood. After I adopted the Kubota/chainsaw method the last two stall came out in a hurry...bonfire pics to follow. :deal:
:killingme:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

That looks like some sweet wood they used for the stalls! That will come in nice for a few projects in there for sure.
Lots of cool bikes---
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Firebolter wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:53 pm That looks like some sweet wood they used for the stalls! That will come in nice for a few projects in there for sure.
Planning to use a lot of it for building an enduro training loop. I've got a bunch of big trees (logs) and busted up concrete for obstacles.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.