I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Electric bike batteries.

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Electric bike batteries.

Post by Nobody »

The YT channel I'm subscribed to came up with this video

I was thinking: perhaps someone here with electric bike is interested in making it run longer. I have no clue if all the bikes come with lead acid batteries in stock, but probably someone will find that useful.
Every day is a good day when you ride
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Electric bike batteries.

Post by Bucho »

Neat.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: Electric bike batteries.

Post by smdub »

A buddy sent me that video over the weekend. Long video for what it accomplishes. I want to give the guy credit but hes suck a hack. Would it have been SOOOO difficult to look up the correct way to design sprocket teeth? All that effort for nearly naught... Since the problem w/ the old sprocket is CLEARLY it was bored/broached crooked, he could have just bored the existing one and brazed in a new bushing.

Most e-bikes come w/ Lithium. The OSETs are now available with the option. The bigger Beta is Li too. Lead acid is only used to the older/smaller kids bikes to help reduce entry level cost. Some of the range issues aren't so much due to the battery but the poor connectors used. OSET (and very likely Beta) uses 6.3mm fastons which are rated to 28A MAX. It easy for them to get a little bent and degrade to the point they have large losses. The little SLA battery chemistry packs they use aren't really spec'ed for the job either. StaCyc did it right on their little bikes by using power tool packs.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee