I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

Post by Firebolter »

LUNA has the Super Moto wheelsets in stock. 349.00 plus 40 ish shipping.

Complete built wheels and tires
203mm brake disks
42 tooth Sprocket
420 chain at the correct length
Lots of cool bikes---
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

davej wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:28 pm I like being able to drag the rear brake without the motor shutting down.
I left everything alone at the perch and disconnected the rear brake interlock for the motor down behind the key assembly. I like being able to drag the rear brake while negotiating slow gnarly stuff so that I can keep a little throttle on it. That's been working for me.

Hey Bill, are you considering going SM with your bike?
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

I have the SM wheels as it was the cheapest way to get 17" rims for the kid. IMO, they are sort of a waste. They really lower the already small bike. I'm somewhat scared to ride it at really high speed as the front end might get really twichy w/ the reduced trail. I'd really hate to get a death wobble especially when I get on the brakes and the front end dives, making the problem even worse. You have to run a really small rear sprocket to keep any sort of top speed.

I'd personally find 19" moto street tires. They come in 3.25x19 and some other sizes. I think I have an extra set of extra 19" OEM wheels if someone was interested in buying a spare. I definitely have a spare set of oem rims if anyone ever bends one and needs to replace.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I know they come and go in stock and that is a good price for a complete set including chain, so just thought I'd post it.
Lots of cool bikes---
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

smdub wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:09 pm The factory surron levers have a switch in them.
The HOnda master is 11mm diameter. I wonder if the surron master has enough volume to properly run the Honda slave. Lever pull would be very light, I bet. Also will need to adapt Surron fittings to honda fittings.

Also, did you keep your blown surron controller and know which component failed? I'd like to have one to experiment with :deal:
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

I forget you have the honda front end. A bike master will never be big enough to run a moto slave. For just a 'switch' you could adapt something like the KTM does to trigger the brake light. Its a little microswitch under the lever. Could also put a hyd pressure sw banjo on like many bikes use to control the brake light from the rear brake.

I still have the control. Lots of dark nasty black goo came out. It was shorting the 12V line. I opened the case and its potted but fairly destroyed inside. I saved it as I might cut off the connectors to use and/or put a controller in the factory case. Undecided what to do w/ it yet.

I shoehorned a Kenda 760 70/100-17" onto the rear SM rim last night. What a pain! Its technically a front tire but the 760 front looks just like their rear knobby tread pattern. The sidewall is stiff enough that I'm fairly sure we could run at 0psi for the kid and it would still be plenty. The SM wheels didn't come w/ rimlocks though. Will try to swap the front tonight but not looking forward to it. The front is even narrower and getting the tube stem in will suck (I need to get one of those stem puller cable tools.) I got a Shinko 546 in the same size for the front which has a more typical looking front tire pattern.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Y’all are bringing these new fangled contraptions to the reunion, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Laoch wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:07 pm Y’all are bringing these new fangled contraptions to the reunion, right?

A bank of generators humming away to power the quiet bikes.....I love progress
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Laoch wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:07 pm Y’all are bringing these new fangled contraptions to the reunion, right?

I am bringing mine. Also bringing the E-MTB. If the GF comes, I'll bring her bike too and just ride the Sur Ron and the MTB and maybe not even bring a dirtbike.
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Firebolter wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:40 pm

I am bringing mine. Also bringing the E-MTB. If the GF comes, I'll bring her bike too and just ride the Sur Ron and the MTB and maybe not even bring a dirtbike.
Mountain Ridge and no dirt bike??? Who hacked Bills account? Next he will say he will not have anything to drink.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr