I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

PFS: KLX 250 Dual Sport > Supermoto & MX Setup > All Mods

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
illenium
DAMN Wanabe

PFS: KLX 250 Dual Sport > Supermoto & MX Setup > All Mods

Post by illenium »

Hi Guys,

first off, what the heck does PSF mean? Well, possibly for sale..this is my baby, has been petted each and every day...but seriously, I put on 300 miles between last and this season, I think it may be time to let go.

Long Story short, if there is the right buyer at my asking price the bike (and my heart) will move on to the next freak :roost: ... If not, I'll keep on petting it everyday in my garage and ride it to work once every few weeks :)

Bike > 2007 KLX 250 S, bough new from Pete's in February 2008

Mods/Extras:

FMF Pipe & FMF Header
Dynojet Kit installed (needle and jets)
KN Filter (must have)
SM Fender (have stock and a never used acerbis for it for MX)
Different Gearing & Upgraded Chain (New Spare Sprockets come with it, not needed but I bought spares anyway, no use for them if bike is gone)
Maier MFG Rear fender fitted for the bike & MX Tail Light (have all stock parts, just didnt like the look, nothing was cut/chopped all stock if you want to)
12V outlet for GPS, Phone or whatever else plugs in
Wheel Disc Look with Alarm (dont want to take off with the thing still attached dont you)
SM Wheel with good Tires (currently installed)
MX Stock Wheels with almost new Rear Tire (1800 miles on the rim, 100 on the tire) and fair tread on the front (1800 miles, stock tire, tread has got a few hundred miles left)
MX Stand (has a handle, step in it and it lifts the bike)
Emission stuff removed (runs cooler, have all parts box comes with it)

There are other odds and end that i dont remember right now. I think i have a 2nd set of rotors too if i recall correctly, wheel change takes about 20 minutes

The bike:

2007 KLX250S
-21.5 Dyno Hp (stock is somewhere around 16.5), i have the chart, done @ RPMotorsport
-55XX Miles
-First three services done @ Petes in Severna Park under extended 3 year warranty
-HAS NEVER SEEN WATER OR DIRT (yes i dry wipe the thing, never gone offroad and I 'Armor All' all rubber parts, always stored inside. Oh yeah, it did see a gravel road twice (see pics) which is now paved
-Excellent condition (1 scratch on side plastic, happened when Pete delivered it to me, tie down rubbed on the plastic, hardly noticable), never been down, seriously, this bike looks like it just jumped out of the crate

This bike runs truely perfect in every way and turns heads...not a dude you ride by that doesnt raise their hands expecting a wheelie (I dont do wheelies...to much time, love and money in this puppy...sorry dudes...besides, I'd wreck for sure)

Changing owner for > 4000 USD plus a promise to keep it NICE and NEAT and to hug it daily

For those who say: '4k for a 4 year old bike are you nuts' i can only respond, it is 4 seasons old, was riden two and you will not find another one in this condition (ever), plus it comes with about 2800 USD in upgrades

I dont have (or want) to sell it, it will always have a place in my heart (and garage), so i'm pretty positive about my price ;)

So here it is, my Baby:

Text me > 410 689 5538, I'll meet with Serious Buyers infront of Police Stations only
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: PFS: KLX 250 Dual Sport > Supermoto & MX Setup > All Mo

Post by Laoch »

Nice ride....for $3K :thumbup:

You can keep the SM set up :deal:
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

dirtygrunt wrote:
You can keep the SM set up :deal:

I'll agree you don't "need" the SM wheelset, but if you like railing through twisty pavement (or dirt roads), they are awesome.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
illenium
DAMN Wanabe

Post by illenium »

Hard to believe its been a year.... *bump*

SM tires arent 'needed' but they come in handy @ 65mph+ on the highway as the wheel-whobble of the knobbies was quite scarry.

Not quite sure though if the big improvement on that was the SM tires or the smaller SM front fender

I put 120 miles on the bike this year, alomst three galllons worth...I'm proud of myself :ride:

Looks like 2014 I'll add another member to the family, something to get dirty on, maybe a KTM or KLX450...time will tell...need to get rid of some toys first :lurker:
illenium
DAMN Wanabe

Sold: PFS: KLX 250 Dual Sport > Supermoto & MX Setup > All

Post by illenium »

Sold

Two weeks ago it happened, in a weak moment I let my baby go...much to the
satisfaction of my significant other :dry:

But the 300 EXC is becoming more and more a worthy replacement, while nowhere
near as pretty...I is quite explosive and fun and no stressing out about scratching
it...plus a DT175 found its way in the garage and this thing is FUN :roost:

Time to find some dirt for the KTM :)