I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

I need a muffler!

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I need a muffler!

Post by juddspaintballs »

Due to an unfortunate malfunction in my garage, I broke my KLR250's muffler. I need a muffler to put on it. I can weld up the exhaust pipe between the muffler and header as long as the muffler is sized appropriately. Anyone have anything cheapish?
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
frogman1981
DAMN Expert

Re: I need a muffler!

Post by frogman1981 »

Please elaborate on this "unfortunate malfunction". :lurker:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I mounted up a 130/90/17 Kenda K760 on the bike since that's the only rear 17" they make. It's bigger than stock (130/80/17) so it rubbed the muffler when the suspension was compressed. I removed the muffler and persuaded it to shrink with a 5 lb sledge. During the process, it bent the inlet pipe. While attempting to unbend it, I FUBARed the whole thing.

I no longer need a muffler, however. The ST1100 carcass I have in the garage that I'm about to scrap sacrificed it's right hand muffler for the KLR250. It fits very nicely on there, is smaller and lighter than stock, and even the mounting tab lines up with the KLR's mounting hole. I just need to build the connecting pipe between the muffler and the header.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
frogman1981
DAMN Expert

Post by frogman1981 »

I knew there was a good story behind this. I got rid of my KLR250 before it needed a rear tire. I work with the guy that bought it, I'll let him know his potential pit fall. :thumbup:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

All done. I might have to polish that aluminum on the muffler just because :ride:

Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
frogman1981
DAMN Expert

Post by frogman1981 »

Nice.