I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

**** SOLD **** MD Plated KTM 200

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
Grreatdog
DAMN Wanabe

**** SOLD **** MD Plated KTM 200

Post by Grreatdog »

I am going try y'all out before going the CL route. And I know I am going to regret this. But Annapolis just isn't the place for this bike. Which is why I doubt it has even gone 500 miles total since I bought it Fall of 2011. I have never even had it offroad except for a bit of one Shenandoah 500. I bought it from a guy who got hurt badly quad racing. He let it sit for years in his garage. So it was pretty fresh and remains so despite the age. I just don't have the place to do the little things it needs to be the awesome plated woods bike it wants to be. Plus I am hoping to find a plated 450, 525 or 530 to maybe replace this and my 640.

So, for history, I sent it to Cycle Playground to go though it with new gaskets, engine and carb cleanup and a fresh top end when I bought it. The PO apparently left the fuel tap on when he parked it. So the top end and power valve area had a bunch of oil left over from evaporated gas. Cycle Playground reported back that it looked great inside once it was despooged and didn't even really need the top end. I had them do it anyway since it was apart. It probably has less than ten hours on that top end and runs like it. I suspect it could still stand to have a new needle valve and seat though. I have a JD Jet kit but, like I said, no place to really sort it out right.

Last summer, in hopes of making it better for all the highways I have to ride, I had B&E in Easton swap the MXC transmission for an eBay EXC transmission. Which does give it highway legs with the current 15/45 gearing. It developed a slight oil drip at the countershaft sprocket after that. Enough to spot the garage floor but not enough for me to sweat. He also stripped one oil drain which I rethreaded. But I wouldn't mess with it when changing oil until that side cover gets replaced. It also has the classic old KTM front master cylinder that requires a small bungee on the lever to keep it from going spongy when parked.

That is pretty much it for the bad. The good is a full Baja Designs dual sport kit, two mirrors, turn signals, two brake light switches, LED brake light, Hi/Lo (eye searing) LED headlight bulb, Trailtech Endurance speedo/odo and even refectors to get it through Maryland inspection. It breezed right through inspection at Ellicott City Powersports when I bought it. I have a cover for the countershaft sprocket in case the inspector nitpicks. Other bits are an external flywheel weight, case saver (doesn't work with 15 C/S sprocket), extra 14/48 gearing, SDG seat and stock seat, tool kit, briefcase, shop manual on CD, JD Jet kit, brand new Gnarly pipe and almost brand new DOT tires.

I know what the KBB value says for this year EXC200 (it isn't really an MXC anymore). But I am going to say (edit) $2000 or best reasonable offer given what all comes with it. Y'all can either call me an idiot for the price or for selling it in the first place or PM me an offer. I am not anxious to sell this and may sell the 640 instead if I trip over a 525 or 530. But I rarely ride this one and I really do want a big bore four stroke EXC so ........

Last edited by Grreatdog on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KTM 640 LC4E
KTM EXC 525
XT200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: MD Plated KTM 200

Post by Bucho »

I think you forgot to say what year it is.
2001?

I was with him that year at the S500. It made the AA option without a problem.
Could be a nice cheap plated smoker for someone.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Grreatdog
DAMN Wanabe

Post by Grreatdog »

Thanks. It is an 01.
KTM 640 LC4E
KTM EXC 525
XT200
Grreatdog
DAMN Wanabe

Post by Grreatdog »

Dropped the price a little and open to offers because this came home with me tonight. The 200 is really, really fun but not for getting places with the psychos on US50 and I-97 that I have to deal with to ride it as a dual sport. But I suspect a 525 can hold its own even in the ridiculous traffic I ride in.

KTM 640 LC4E
KTM EXC 525
XT200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

But I am going to say (edit) $2000 or best reasonable offer given
:cheers:

That's a deal!
Bruce
Grreatdog
DAMN Wanabe

Post by Grreatdog »

Tentatively sold. Waiting on cash and pick up. Going to miss this one.

At least until the 525 is legal. :brows:
KTM 640 LC4E
KTM EXC 525
XT200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: **** SOLD **** MD Plated KTM 200

Post by Bucho »

Not surprised it sold, cheap plated twostrokes are nice.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200