I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

KTM Studs Set

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

KTM Studs Set

Post by BigBird »

This in on KTMTALK.com classifieds IF anybody is interested

KTM wheel set - 18/21 with new Maxxis studded tires
The wheels are 2006 take offs with only a few miles on them, they still look brand new, the bearings, seals and spacers (EE anodized) are in new condition.
Includes brake rotors in excellent condition.
Tires are brand new, these have not been on a bike since the tires were mounted.
Will fit all models with a 26mm front axle and 20mm rear axle.
$850 shipping cost
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
thetable
DAMN Expert

Re: KTM Studs Set

Post by thetable »

Smoking deal.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

And then we have guys wanting a "bike in good running order" for less than a grand.
Just makes me smile.
Now you see why guys will part out a bike.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

you will ALWAYS make more parting a bike out. Even when I sell or especially trade in a bike, I put back as much stock stuff as possible and sell the take off stuff. I got an extra 2500 when I did that with my 950 Super Enduro.
Lots of cool bikes---
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

First, good luck with the sale Sam! I wish these things fit my ole KX. ;)

Second, I think it's advisable to rebuild the motor even on a "good running" (full size) bike you buy for $1000. Even with a 2 stroke you're talking ~$800 there just for parts. You can get lucky but I prefer making my own luck. :)
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Marylander wrote:First, good luck with the sale Sam! I wish these things fit my ole KX. ;)

Second, I think it's advisable to rebuild the motor even on a "good running" (full size) bike you buy for $1000. Even with a 2 stroke you're talking ~$800 there just for parts. You can get lucky but I prefer making my own luck. :)

???? What did I miss here ?????
Sam posts a link from KTM Talk of some wheels for sale and the conversation turns into discussion of rebuilding a engine??? For a moment I thought my wife might have posted that...our conversations normally go that direction :screwy:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Just to clarify - I am NOT the seller of these studs. I just saw them on KTM talk and thought some DAMN folks might be interested!

In fact I will be mounting some studded tires on my 2nd set of Freeride wheel soon!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

LOL....Sam has nothing for sale and gets more interest and replies than us with items for sale.
Bring on the tax refund checks...that gets some buying and selling happening.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I thought Sam WAS the KTM Stud :killingme:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

most modern two strokes can be re-built for ~200 bucks or less (piston/rings/pin/circlips/gaskets) unless you need cylinder work and even then, that can be had for additional 200-300 from a place like LA Sleeve. if you are paying 800 for a 2 stroke re-build, it is more than just a typical re-build. If guys would replace rings more often, motors would live alot longer.
Lots of cool bikes---