I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2000 Yamaha WR400F for sale

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
phoo
aka "That Guy"

2000 Yamaha WR400F for sale

Post by phoo »

Please help me get this out of my garage. I don't want to part it out, even though there are some parts I'd like to use, because I don't want to be stuck with the husk. I need the room in my garage because it looks like another bike for the wife is on the way.

The good --

** STREET REGISTERED AND PLATED **
Electrosport Baja Kit (some broken turn signals as expected, and I think a loose ground somewhere)
Auto-decomp exhaust cam from 426
426 exhaust (bigger than 400 exhaust, for more packing) with billet "quiet tip"
Hand guards
Very nice skid plate
Pod air filter
Big box o' spares including FMF exhaust, seat, stock air filter box, sprockets, and various other items

The bad --

It shows its age. It's been used, and loved, on the street, on the track (sumo and enduro), and in the woods
Kickstart only, in all its WR400 glory
The engine has an awful sound that comes out of it, but IT DOES RUN. But you need to figure out what the problem is and fix it. More on this in a sec.

The price --

Make a reasonable offer. It does have an undiagnosed noise that I really should look into but to be completely honest I've got no interest in doing so. It could be an easy fix. Or not. If you want, I will start it by jump starting it down my driveway once it has been paid for. If it doesn't start (it should) and you want your money back, I'll give it to you. But I won't start it without cash in hand because I don't want to put undo stress on the engine for someone who isn't going to buy it.

This actually would be a great bike for someone who isn't afraid to wrench on a bike, and this bike is really easy to wrench on. Or, buy it because you want a cheap bike to learn to wrench on. It's got some value simply because it's a WR with a street title on it. The hard and expensive part of putting a dirt bike on the street has already been done for you. You could probably make a tidy profit parting it out if you so desired. I'd love to take the flatslide carb off it and put it on my DRZ, and I'd like to take the front brake system off because I think that's a direct bolt-on, too, but I don't want to be left with an incomplete motorcycle I can't sell, so please take it all off my hands!

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Sold!
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: 2000 Yamaha WR400F for sale

Post by Skinny-J »

phoo wrote:Sold!
My shed sure is getting full!!

But I did get to see Phoo's new toy when I was picking up the 400. Its funny, he traded up from a 400 to a 427.... :lurker:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: 2000 Yamaha WR400F for sale

Post by Wingfixer »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.