I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Looking for CRF450 parts

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Looking for CRF450 parts

Post by J&J »

Glenduro, we were laughing with you not at you. We've all been there. Here is a quote about the cove from my third post in 2013:

(My son & I rode there a few weeks ago, at first we were thinking these rocks suck :frustrated: we mostly went slow & by the end I felt like we were getting some much needed experience & wanted to go back.)

I have an ebay radiator on my bike now ( & some radiator guards) Some jb weld is good to have in the tool box.... I'm an old guy & still crash a lot by the way :shrug:

Welcome to DAMN & see you on the trail soon.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Wingfixer has used a company that fixes radiators at a fair price; he has mangled his share over the years. They have a repair option that varies depending on the damage or a "re-core" option that is a flat price no matter the condition. I am sure he will be along with the name shortly or shoot him a PM.

SJ
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

Thanks to everyone who has commented on this post!!
I appreciate all the encouragement and look forward to riding with everyone.
Sounds like we will have a great time at the reunion.

I'll wait till Tomorrow and see if someone replies with parts otherwise I will order online. I don't want to wait to long since March 13 is right around the corner :)

See you at GreenBriar,

Glenduro
Glenduro
Been there, Done that , and bought the replacement parts
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Kyler wrote:there is a reason I don't like the Cove :angel:

Because you are a :chicken: .
What does not kill you only makes you stronger :killingme:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote:
Kyler wrote:there is a reason I don't like the Cove :angel:

Because you are a :chicken: .
What does not kill you only makes you stronger :killingme:
:chicken kiss: :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

I have a set of rads from a 2000 Yamaha WR 400 laying in my garage. Any way they fit and they are yours....
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

Skinny-J wrote:I have a set of rads from a 2000 Yamaha WR 400 laying in my garage. Any way they fit and they are yours....
Thanks SJ,

I did some research and it doesn't look like it will fit. I really appreciate the offer.
I did however find a dealer out of Michigan that sells OEM parts near cost.
I'll let you know what they look like when they get here :)
Glenduro
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Pick up some china radiators from ebay/usa seller. GPI I think are some of the better ones. Usually around $100 for the pair and they are usually tougher than oem plus have more capacity.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

gots_a_sol wrote:Pick up some china radiators from ebay/usa seller. GPI I think are some of the better ones. Usually around $100 for the pair and they are usually tougher than oem plus have more capacity.
Thanks for the heads up sol. I read some mixed reviews about after market parts for this bike and fitting issues once they arrived. I'll keep GPI in mind and may order a second set since race season is just starting. I have a feeling this might not be my last time with radiator issues.
Glenduro
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Sorry to hear of your broken parts but all education has tuition! :lol2:

Here is the link to the rad shop I've used: https://www.motorcycleradiators.com/

They charge $80 per radiator to repair with the reinforcement option. This is a flat rate and is really the way to go. I have had 6 radiators repaired this way. They have all come back looking like new and I haven't, yet, broken one they repaired. They turn them pretty quick, usually ship them back out the day they receive them or the day after. If you wanted to get it fixed in time for the enduro I'd suggest 2nd day air tomorrow and let them know you'll pay the extra for 2 day shipping to get it back. I'd also send both radiators but that's my opinion.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.