I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2006 Sherco 2.9 Trials Bike -SOLD

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

2006 Sherco 2.9 Trials Bike -SOLD

Post by Skinny-J »

See CL: http://baltimore.craigslist.org/mcy/5791415199.html

I can do a better price for a DAMN rider but I am a little reluctant to sell it to someone I know as the thing really is a giant piece of shit.... That being said, I will tell you every issue I have had with it and you can take a crack at it if you are still interested.

SJ
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Re: 2006 Sherco 2.9 Trials Bike

Post by anotherguy »

Do tell. Izzit really that bad?
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Well if it really is that big a POS, then I guess I'll do you a favor and take it away for $500 :lol2:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Not a real bike so it doesn't count as thinning the herd, just sayin. :lol2:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

anotherguy wrote:Do tell. Izzit really that bad?
This is everything I can tell you about the bike:
It’s a 2006, 2.9. I bought it in Jan of 2014; drove almost to NY to get it. I have maybe put 5 tanks of gas thru it….

When I bought it, the rear tire leaked. I tore it down and found the PO had slimed the crap out of it and still couldn’t get the rim tape to seal the spokes well enough to not leak. I cleaned it up and put an UHD tube in it. I am not doing big splats with it so having a tube in it didn’t bother me but it might bother a real trials guy. While the tire was off I also flipped it so it has a nice new leading knobby edge.

The decals are peeling off the rear fender; I intended to try and re-attached them with some type of good adhesive but never have because; the plastic fender holes are also broken out so some zip ties are holding it in-lieu of the bolts. However, I have a brand new fender, with brand new decals to go to the new owner if they don’t beat me down too bad on price.

At one point I did find that both front fork seals were leaking. I wiped them out with a seal-saver and that seems to have stopped it but I have not rode it at all since then to really know for sure. They are conventional and not USD so you don’t really know until you use it…

The chain looks like its getting some wear on it; it can be pulled about ¾ of a tooth out on the rear sprocket. The countersprocket looks ok, not to witchy.

It goes through gas at a much faster rate than I believe is correct. When I first got it I found a bad float and replaced that. While I was in the carb I verified it has the stock jets and that the float height was set correctly. Granted it has a small tank to start with, but I have been stumped ever since. When I first got it, it also could be hard to re-start after it got hot sometimes. I eventually came to believe the problem was mostly related to the amount of gas in the tank as ever since, so long as it’s at least 1/3’s full it re-starts ok…

The Headlight doesn’t work; but it’s a trials bike so who cares.

I have been noticing some oil on the skid plate. I don’t know if its oil from the clutch slave or tranny or what. Basically, I hate the thing so much I haven’t bothered to look at it but now I guess I will have to; else wipe it off and sell it on CL>…..

It has a new set of MSR high rise handle bars on it since the old ones snapped in half after a tip over due to the dumbest kick-stand I have ever seen on a bike. Even with the high rise bars it still makes my back hurt after about 20 minutes of riding; but I am pretty tall at 6’2”. A real Trials guy is probably not going to like this. Also, the ball end of the front brake lever broke in the same tip over but I have a brand new lever to go with the new owner.

I also have some other bits like bar ends that didn’t work when I went to the high-rise bars, a cross-bar and pad, a full 2 gal can of 103 octane premix, etc that I will throw in if you want them….

Thanks,
SJ
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

gots_a_sol wrote:Well if it really is that big a POS, then I guess I'll do you a favor and take it away for $500 :lol2:
If it pisses me off one more time you might have a deal.... :kali:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Wingfixer wrote:Not a real bike so it doesn't count as thinning the herd, just sayin. :lol2:
True; but one less that I have to maintain and with this thing, that's very important...

I am still trying to decide between the Honda and the Tiger and what's next on the chopping block. SJ's new rule is if I don't ride it, its got to go; no matter how cool it is to walk by it in the garage....... on my way to get the dirt bike out!
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

So SJ like check yer inbox.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: 2006 Sherco 2.9 Trials Bike -SOLD

Post by Skinny-J »

SOLD
anotherguy
DAMN Expert