I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

WTB: Montesa 2604T

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

WTB: Montesa 2604T

Post by Twist »

I've got a pretty serious buyer for my Beta EVO 200 so I'm on the prowl for a 4T trials bike. Being FI is an attractive feature so I'm searching far and wide for a recent vintage Montesa 2604T. I don't mind traveling for the right bike/deal.

Anyone know of one that's been sitting in a friend's garage looking for a new loving home?
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: WTB: Montesa 2604T

Post by Bucho »

Those 200's are hard to find. I bet you will have no problem selling it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Bucho wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:35 pm Those 200's are hard to find. I bet you will have no problem selling it.
Almost as rare as finding a nice lightly used 260 4rt
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Boom Boom wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:10 am
Bucho wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:35 pm Those 200's are hard to find. I bet you will have no problem selling it.
Almost as rare as finding a nice lightly used 260 4rt
So I'm discovering... Not totally opposed to buying new but I can be patient looking for used.

I've seen a couple of videos for something called a Montesa 4Ride. It looks like a 260 4rt but with a seat on it. I don't see that on the Honda Montesa web site. Was it imported here or have you ever seen one?
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I'm mulling over ordering Sur Ron X to ride while I'm on my quest for the Honda. With proper tires and some handlebar rise on it it seems like it would be a fun and stealthy way for me to get more practice close by home.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Twist wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:58 am I'm mulling over ordering Sur Ron X to ride while I'm on my quest for the Honda. With proper tires and some handlebar rise on it it seems like it would be a fun and stealthy way for me to get more practice close by home.
I have been thinking about the same thing Wes. On my peninsula, I have all of these woods all around me and an electric bike like a SurRon would be awesome to play with over here. There is so much stuff to play on, and with the cost about the same as a e-mountain bike, seems like it could be a fun deal!
Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Twist wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:58 am I'm mulling over ordering Sur Ron X to ride while I'm on my quest for the Honda. With proper tires and some handlebar rise on it it seems like it would be a fun and stealthy way for me to get more practice close by home.
Surron isnt the best. BUT at that price point I think they are the best deal going for electric

Ive been a little surprised how well Sam’s Surron works. With full size 21/18 wheels and trials rubber/low PSI, its nice. I could see getting one in the future.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Sorry Wes, in normal Honda tradition we do not get the cool stuff....no 4-ride for us. I know some have managed to order the plastic and other parts and made one. IMHO not worth the effort. Hunt down one of the seats that Honda sent with the 2015 range of the 260. Now an option but you can still find a few floating around...decent looking product but toes still point to the ground when sitting so a No Go for me.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Delivered my Beta to it's new, very excited owner:

It's always bitter sweet to part with a great motorcycle but the enthusiasm it's new owner has makes it a feel good thing.

So, I've located a Montesa Cota 260 bike but I'd have to go to Central Florida to get it. There's a rumor there may be one in Wisconsin which is about the same distance.These things are more rare than Republicans in Atlanta Georgia and less likely to poke their heads up to be noticed.

I'm off to ride my friend's Sur Ron to see what that's all about. Phil, I think Alta is gone and Freerides are hard to find as well. I do see an EM from time to time looking around the interwebs.
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

SurRon isn't good at trials. Steering is too slack and turn angle limits it. The factory control has a lousy throttle mapping too. The aftermarket Nuc 24F control fixes the last issue but its a 8+mo waiting period. They are a hoot to ride in the woods though! About 3/4 size of a real motorcycle so that takes some getting used to if you are tall. Upgrades add up if you just want plug and play. Nuc 24F is $700 (and then you'll really want a better battery @ $1600) Big wheels are $500+. New front fork $1k+. Rising link in the rear to match $80.

Yeah, Good luck finding a KTM E-XC!! I've called all the dealers in the area. None of them were selected as one of the few supported e-ride dealers. None know which ones were selected either. KTM won't tell you this either (best I can tell.) So short of calling all the dealers in the country until you find one that is approved to sell/service them you are out of luck :( If you find where to get one, I'm all ears.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee