I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Town Creek Ford

Fords and only Fords! No Chevys, no Buicks, no Turbo-Yugos either. Post the coordinates and a description of the creek crossing. Interesting dirt or gravel roads only - no asphalt! Also post your awesome ADV GPS tracks (.gpx files)
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Town Creek Ford

Post by Rut Row »

Coordinates: N39 34.215 W78 32.435

On Maniford Road SE near Green Ridge State Forest. Smooth bottom, about 100 yards wide.

Google Map

[googlevideonum]6438827679021712215[/googlevideonum]
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Town Creek Ford

Post by Bucho »

Was that part of the scouting trip? from around Greenridge somewhere?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:Was that part of the scouting trip? from around Greenridge somewhere?
Yup - we have to do it next weekend.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Well, if we have to...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Panther

Post by Panther »

DAMN but you sure do get around! If I rode that much my wife would... :dirtdog: well...it wouldn't be purty!
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

That creekcrossing didn't go quite as well this past weekend. Water was a bit higher... But hey, I didn't wreck or anything... and narrowly avoided catastrophic engine damage...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:That creekcrossing didn't go quite as well this past weekend. Water was a bit higher... But hey, I didn't wreck or anything... and narrowly avoided catastrophic engine damage...
I found it to be an excellent learning experience. I MUCH prefer watching someone else purge water from their cylinder :brows:
Ken
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Here's a video of another Town Creek crossing. This one is on Lower Town Creek Rd. 39.590835,-78.548633
Only about 2 miles from the first one Kyler posted.
[youtubeurl][/youtubeurl]
AccidentalWheelie

Post by AccidentalWheelie »

i remember that tony funny how i got to go first on that 1 :gdog: