I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Early christmas gift to myself

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Early christmas gift to myself

Post by Grady » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:25 pm

Well, this arrived today. I think this is the first enhancement that I absolutely had to have after only ten minutes of trying one. I was thinking of getting a steering damper, but after trying a bike with a Rekluse I decided this would probably improve my riding more than a damper would. Thanks to BoomBoom for showing me the light. It almost seemed like cheating when riding his Rekluse equipped KTM, I hope the same can be said once installed on the 510. Now I just need to find somewhere warm to install it. No garage, so I usually work in the yard or shed, but this time of year it's too DAMN cold. I'll have to see if I can get the Husky in the basement.

Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Early christmas gift to myself

Post by Boom Boom » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:06 am

You are welcome to tear down in my shop if you want.
Also have some riding out back to dial it in.
Congrats on your early X-mas addition. :thumbup:
OBTW, before diving into the install I would throw out a post on Cafe Husky for any install tips, might make the install go smoother.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr

B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:43 pm

Grady that is going to be the shit man :thumbup: Been thinking about one of those for the BRP for years but two things
a) super expensive :frustrated:

b) BRP lots of torque for luggin :brows:

you know your going to have to let me ride that right :cheers:
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)

Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:28 pm

"B", IMHO an auto clutch on the torque monster BRP's would be a waste.
The Husky is a bit high strung and the auto clutch with the higher reving engine will be the shit. Nice and soft for creep and crawl stuff but give it a slap and the wheelie monster will be back.
The auto clutch I have on my 300 2-smoke makes it silly easy to ride.
I am thinking my Husky smoker might get one this winter.
Grady, I am stoked for ya buddy. Get that clutch dialed in and you will be ready to kick Shade Mountains ass.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr

Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:49 pm

B DIRT wrote:Grady that is going to be the shit man :thumbup: Been thinking about one of those for the BRP for years but two things
a) super expensive :frustrated:

b) BRP lots of torque for luggin :brows:

you know your going to have to let me ride that right :cheers:
Price would have been a factor for me too, but I lucked out and scored this one for $350 (only lightly used about ten hours) I figured at less than the cost of a new damper, I couldn't pass it up. And of coure you'r welcome to try it B :thumbup:

BoomBoom, thanks for the offer. I might take you up on that if I don't work out something at home here. Even If I do the install here, I might still be interested in coming up to test and tune it at your place.

OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Post by OldmanX » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:03 am

Good addition, Grady!! I have them on 3 of my bikes. Even on a torquey bike like my WR450, it wasn't a waste. They just make the bike easier/less tiring to ride, which = more fun...MHO
If you need any help tuning it, feel free to ask. And we aren't too far from being able to have a tuning session at Mtn. Ridge... :rickey:
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale