I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Board Maintenance & Upgrade

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Board Maintenance & Upgrade

Post by Rut Row »

Over the next week, I'll be upgrading the board. The upgrade includes some security fixes and allows a new registration CAPTCHA system which hopefully will allow me to turn on the self-registration again.

I also have to build a new template and will do my best to retain the DAMN muddy look/feel. There have been too many changes to the underlying code for me to modify the current template.

So if the board is down periodically, have patience! the DAMN thing will be back up ... eventually...
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Board Maintenance & Upgrade

Post by Wingfixer »

I wish you the best of luck in this very challenging endevour, I have no doubt that it will be fraught with danger and there will be pitfalls at every turn. I also have no doubt that you are just the man to complete this harrowing and monumental task.

But, Just in case, does everyone have the phone numbers of everyone else so we can still get together for rides? :peep:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Board Maintenance & Upgrade

Post by Rut Row »

so far, so good. I've upgraded the board system and created a new template that is as close to the old one as I could get plus added a couple of new tweaks. Let me know if you see anything I forgot to modify and/or have problems.

I'm working on a new template that is more compact and with luck, you'll have a choise as to which one to use.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris