I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

ack!!! Winter

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
mullethead774
DAMN Wanabe

Re: ack!!! Winter

Post by mullethead774 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

OldmanX wrote:
mullethead774 wrote:Awsome stuff Mdubya. The axes not the snow. I got enough of that garbage here. What did I see there. A Fender, Two Gibsons & an Epiphone? I've owned all three brands over the years. Sold my prize posession a few years back, A 1967 Fender Mustang, when I went through divorce #2. Identical to the one Kurt cobain played in the video, "Smells Like Teen Spirit". I had it since 1982. Sucks. I have an acoustic fender & a Charvel Jackson now. I play strictly for my own misery anymore and the misery of any others within range. Usually requires booze & an excessive amount of volume. Enjoy your down time. I'm trying here. This shit sucks.
As long as you don't sing :kumbaya: we'll tolerate you.

Was that 67 Mustang fender OEM or aftermarket? If it was rust-free, it'd have been worth a few knobbies...
I should learn to just keep my head down & my pie hole shut. :peep:

Fruitloop handles the singng chores. I am vocaly challenged, you might say.
Where'd the light go?
'05 YZ250
'02 KLR650
'01 Sprint RS
'02 CR80 #1 grandson's

mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:24 pm

mullethead774 wrote:Awsome stuff Mdubya. The axes not the snow. I got enough of that garbage here. What did I see there. A Fender, Two Gibsons & an Epiphone? I've owned all three brands over the years. Sold my prize posession a few years back, A 1967 Fender Mustang, when I went through divorce #2. Identical to the one Kurt cobain played in the video, "Smells Like Teen Spirit". I had it since 1982. Sucks. I have an acoustic fender & a Charvel Jackson now. I play strictly for my own misery anymore. Usually requires booze & an excessive amount of volume. Enjoy your down time. I'm trying here. This shit sucks.
Thanks mullet. :thumbup: The Fender is actually a made in Japan Squire, Wayne's World model. It has a nice birdseye maple neck. It is a smallish neck though. I would prefer something chunkier.

I had to sell an old favorite a few years back, a 1995 Gibson Firebird V, reissue. It was a beautiful guitar, but the '91 SG Special has been with me forever, and while it might not be real pretty, it sounds and plays great. I was able to replace the Firebird with the SG Classic on the right this fall. It is my new #1. The Epi Sheraton holds its own with the 2 SG's. I am lucky to have 3 great sounding, great playing guitars. BTW-the little Vox amp is plugged into the Marshall 2x12 cabinet and it sounds like a big amp when played through the 25 watt Greenbacks.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC

mullethead774
DAMN Wanabe

Post by mullethead774 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:56 pm

[

It is a smallish neck though.

BTW-the little Vox amp is plugged into the Marshall 2x12 cabinet and it sounds like a big amp when played through the 25 watt Greenbacks.[/quote]
I liked that "smallish neck" on my Mistang. Short/fat finger syndrome here.

And it's amazing the sound you can get out of some of that little stuff. There is so much out there to play with & get the sound you want. I used to have a Yamaha effects processor. I don't remember the model. You could do some pretty incredible stuff with it. Sold all the big stuff when I quit playing out. I play through a little Peavey Backstage Plus & a DOD TR3M pedal set up now. I still have stuff like a graphic EQ & some other stuff but I don't mess with them much.
Where'd the light go?
'05 YZ250
'02 KLR650
'01 Sprint RS
'02 CR80 #1 grandson's

OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Post by OldmanX » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:09 pm

mullethead774 wrote:[

It is a smallish neck though.

BTW-the little Vox amp is plugged into the Marshall 2x12 cabinet and it sounds like a big amp when played through the 25 watt Greenbacks.
I liked that "smallish neck" on my Mistang. Short/fat finger syndrome here.

And it's amazing the sound you can get out of some of that little stuff. There is so much out there to play with & get the sound you want. I used to have a Yamaha effects processor. I don't remember the model. You could do some pretty incredible stuff with it. Sold all the big stuff when I quit playing out. I play through a little Peavey Backstage Plus & a DOD TR3M pedal set up now. I still have stuff like a graphic EQ & some other stuff but I don't mess with them much.[/quote]

Better not let Boom Boom see that you prefer smaller necks...
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale

mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:29 pm

mullethead774 wrote: I liked that "smallish neck" on my Mistang. Short/fat finger syndrome here.

And it's amazing the sound you can get out of some of that little stuff. There is so much out there to play with & get the sound you want. I used to have a Yamaha effects processor. I don't remember the model. You could do some pretty incredible stuff with it. Sold all the big stuff when I quit playing out. I play through a little Peavey Backstage Plus & a DOD TR3M pedal set up now. I still have stuff like a graphic EQ & some other stuff but I don't mess with them much.
My guitar playing renaissance began a few winters ago. Before that I had not played seriously for years and just plunked around on a couple of acoustics I had. My fun gear sat ignored. Some kid on some forum somewhere was asking about techinique for pinch harmonics and I had to go fire things up and see if I could produce a pinch harmonic. :lol2: Sure enough, I could, but my playing was otherwise abysmal. I found myself living in a detached house and snowed in, so I started practicing. I wouldn't dare call myself any good now, but I have my moments. :kumbaya: Youtube rules for home bound guitar has beens. gtop is a guitfiddler too. He is responsible for alot of my new found madness, too. Check out his virtual Zeppelin threads.

The Vox is 4 watts and has a built in attenuator. It steps down to 1 and 1/10 watt. I play it fairly cranked on 1/10 most of the time. It shakes the floor cranked on 1 watt through the cabinet and on 4 watts it rattles the windows. Cheap thrills, but fun. :brows:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC

mullethead774
DAMN Wanabe

Post by mullethead774 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:39 am

[quote]
"I wouldn't dare call myself any good now, but I have my moments."

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have found that excessive amounts of booze helps.

As far as youtube goes, can't quite pull those off here. Believe it or not, I'm running Windows 95 & dial up. In other words...I don't have that kind of time. Get it? :boohoo:
Where'd the light go?
'05 YZ250
'02 KLR650
'01 Sprint RS
'02 CR80 #1 grandson's

mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:19 pm

mullethead774 wrote:Believe it or not, I'm running Windows 95 & dial up. In other words...I don't have that kind of time. Get it? :boohoo:
Whoa! I am calling Stephen Hawking. I have found the worm hole to go back in time! :ride:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC

pmullen
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by pmullen » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:55 pm

mdubya wrote:
mullethead774 wrote:Believe it or not, I'm running Windows 95 & dial up. In other words...I don't have that kind of time. Get it? :boohoo:
Whoa! I am calling Stephen Hawking. I have found the worm hole to go back in time! :ride:
shit - it probably has a 80286 CPU too!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

mullethead774
DAMN Wanabe

Post by mullethead774 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:22 pm

mdubya wrote:
Yeah buddy, 2 strokes & mullets forever dude.

You think that's bad, all of OldmanX's t shirts are tye dye & say free love or have peace signs. And Boom Boom, I don't think he ever realized there were Japanese bikes imported. He's still hooked on the European stuff. :rayof:
Where'd the light go?
'05 YZ250
'02 KLR650
'01 Sprint RS
'02 CR80 #1 grandson's