I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

"Old" guy on an "old" bike, new here

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Dunker

"Old" guy on an "old" bike, new here

Post by Dunker »

Just a note to say hello to y'all, just joined last night. I'm Charlie from down near Rohrersville, MD and my present "dual-sport" ride is a '77 Yamaha XT500 Enduro. I am still very much a novice when it comes to off-road riding, even though I've been riding since the age of 10. But, I'm getting better and know my (and my bike's) limitations very well. I have a great couple of guys that I ride with now, but could always use more. Looking forward to meeting y'all somewhere along the trail this year.

Lone Pine Reservoir, Michaux St. Forest - Oct. '09
Last edited by Dunker on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: "Old" guy on an "old" bike, new here

Post by Bucho »

Bring your old bike out to Greenridge tomorrow w/ us old man.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

Thats the first REAL dual sport, and a killer wheelie bike to boot, nice!! welcome
Dunker

Post by Dunker »

Well, I'd very much like to ride Green Ridge tomorrow (haven't been there on this bike yet), but I have to finish a few details on a customer's Guzzi Eldorado and get loaded up for Sunday's trip to the PVR swapmeet in York, PA.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Hi Charlie. Welcome to DAMN. Where is that photo taken? Looks like an awesome spot.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Dunker

Post by Dunker »

mdubya wrote:Hi Charlie. Welcome to DAMN. Where is that photo taken? Looks like an awesome spot.
Forgot to caption it, sorry. Was taken at Lone Pine Reservoir in Michaux St. Forest.
More photos from that Sunday here: http://www.antietamclassiccycle.com/foo ... he_forest/

Here's another from a different spot, taken the week before:

That's my buddy Leo on the KLX250S.
FOX8505

Post by FOX8505 »

I tried to PM you, but I can't seem to figure out how to send it. Just sitting in the outbox.

What are you asking for that XT350?
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

FOX8505 wrote:I tried to PM you, but I can't seem to figure out how to send it. Just sitting in the outbox.
it stays that way until retrieved.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris