I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

No great man cave...

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
CapoGreg

No great man cave...

Post by CapoGreg »

but this one will have to do. My wife and I moved out of our apartment and into our first house about 2 months ago. In order to get into a single family home in our price range, concessions had to be made, mainly we had to give up a garage. The house we ended up with does have a 7x12 shed in the back yard, which has been one of my many projects since moving in. First I had to clean out what the DPO left behind in the shed, imagine a 5x10 trailer mounded about 4 feet high, which took a couple days to do. Next step was to run some electric through the place, two overhead lights and an outlet will do the trick for now. Then I started insulating it, so I could put a heater out there and have a comfortable place to work and reload. The insulation is still in progress, but today I finished building a bench in there. It's 7' wide, 2.5' deep and it's about 3.5 feet off the floor, it has a 4x4 across the front and 5/8 plywood on top, so it is SOLID.

Now I need to get something to work on in there.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: No great man cave...

Post by Bucho »

Nice Capo.
I'm also just stuck w/ a crappy shed and no garage. I've got all three bikes squeezed in there w/ a spare wheelset and some spare tires, and other random junk.

A garage or a walkout basement (where I could park bikes) is a must on our next place.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

That's great - looking nice - and no matter how big the garage/shop, it is never big enough. My wood shop and garage are both too DAMN small!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Nice.

We had a single under the house garage. Useless, as none of our cars would fit.

I cut it in half, made an office and a workshop- I replaced the garage door with a wall and double 36" exterior doors.

Our deal when we bought the house was I got to have a 24x24 pole building built, basically a two car garage, but because of zoning laws I had to put it in the middle of our property. So it's a great bike/lawn mower/old Jeep storage place. I have yet to wire it and it still has a gravel floor-long story.

Does this work-

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=525+peepy ... CAgQ8gEwAA

Zoom in and the green roof with the circle tracks around it? Stoopit zoning :screwy:
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

dirtygrunt wrote:Zoom in and the green roof with the circle tracks around it? Stoopit zoning :screwy:
next riding party is at Dirty's place! :loveit:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

Unfortunately because we were first time homebuyers and only had 3.5% to put down, we couldn't get a loan to buy a piece of land to build on, I guess it was too risky for the bank in this economy. If we could have, I have a friend with 5 acres near Whiteford, MD and he only wants 100k for it. He's not actively selling it yet, so if he has it in a couple years, we will probably buy it and build a log home on it eventually.
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

The wifey and I want to build a log home but dont want a house to tie us down :roost:
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)