I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2002 KTM LC 4 factory SM racer

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

2002 KTM LC 4 factory SM racer

Post by mdubya »

This bike is seriously old school. Any one who has ridden an older LC 4 knows these bikes are beasts in every way. This one if probably close to 700cc and 70 HP.

DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: 2002 KTM LC 4 factory SM racer

Post by Bucho »

Image isn't working for me.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I got a red X this time. I clicked "show picture" and it popped up.

I will save it and host it and repost.

Edit: should be good to go now. :thumbup:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Thanks, can see it now.

70hp? How long till it explodes?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

this was soon after they got it right, that 640 620 6 whatever never ran right with the old carb, it would hiccup off idle and was the biggest pos ever! in 2000 or 01 with the new carb it all went away and that WAS the power plant for a couple short years, only if they had that carb ten years before and it was in a decent frame, the motorcycle world would be in a different place right now
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

Hare wrote:this was soon after they got it right, that 640 620 6 whatever never ran right with the old carb, it would hiccup off idle and was the biggest pos ever! in 2000 or 01 with the new carb it all went away and that WAS the power plant for a couple short years, only if they had that carb ten years before and it was in a decent frame, the motorcycle world would be in a different place right now
Ktm's head was always up their asses with carbs...

the older 620's- which I have one .. came with a Quicksilver (if anyone want's it it's free) and others before it came with Edelbrock - that also sucked - if I remember correctly...... Pretty much anyone who didn't want to deal with carb issues put a fcr41 flat slide on it or got a bst40 cv type from a later model...

My 2003 sxc 625 came with the a bst40 (i put a fcr on it) but the 04/05 came with fcr's.. I believe the same years smc - the motard version came with the fcr41' till they went to the dual pipes model and voila back to the bst40, but they weren't selling the sxc anymore...

The fcr is the kick ass deliver all the power right away go like snot model that most want. KTM put em on all the bikes they could after the issues with the Edelbrock/Quicksilver - but smog restrictions and/or emissions for the street legal models of some years forced the bst40...

The older KTM's if you take care of em right, won't grenade if you treat them properly.. They aren't jap bikes (ie bulletproof, if somewhat lacking) where you ride hard, put em away wet, and change the oil every so ofter.. They require a bit more attention... Think supermodel vs a Plain Jane.... A PJ won't cost you as much, but you don't get bragging rights and the extra performance hit ..
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se