I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

AMA, NVTR, Liability, etc

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:

What should DAMN do?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:35 am

Don't do a DAMN thing - status quo
83%
Form an AMA recreational club
13%
Affiliate with NVTR
No votes
Run all sponsored rides through MS (Code does all the work)
No votes
Other - see comment below
4%

Total votes: 24

JaxObsessed

Re: AMA, NVTR, Liability, etc

Post by JaxObsessed »

ALL,
This has been a serious sobering can o worms, and I think you folks are doing the right thing by staying casual...
This process has been great to watch, and I am proud of everyone. In my profession I am bombarded with contentious and pissed off people debating shit that has way less importance than the issues we have discussed this week. Logical, friendly, dedicated, thoughtful. I am looking fwd to meeting all Y'all. :cheers:

Ken, I'm happy that all the reprobates now know just how screwed you and ride leaders could get, if we don't take some simple steps. Disclaimers, liability wavers and changing the way things are worded, a bit of a PITA, but peace of mind is sweet. Thanks for the whole DAMN thing! :bow:

Code, Sorry bro...It makes me sick that in this fucked up world, friends can't just arrange an event and put some money where it can help END a disease without all this liability bullshit. Personal responsibility has always been a moral imperative to me, so I can't and don't understand how people can sleep at night after bringing a law suit against a person who is morally if not legally innocent.
Lemme know if/how I can help with the next idea for getting some money to the MS cause.

NO RULES ! JUST RIDE
AccidentalWheelie

Post by AccidentalWheelie »

No rules Just Ride! i wish there were riding places that said that lol i like DAMN the way it is.
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Jax, I'm with you. My mother-in-law is a professor, and she shared this great joke with me: "Why is the fighting and politics in academic institutions so fierce? Because the stakes are so low." I think there is some truth to that - when you have a bunch of people trying to achieve the one little inadequate crumb of reward, it gets ugly. When there's enough to go around, people have the luxury of civil behavior.
401dan
DAMN Expert

Post by 401dan »

NFP :nono: we ride there for we are DAMNed no matter what we do. :dry: but keep the politics out. :nono: big bro is looking over our shoulder , :eyes: i dont need him riding with me too. :dirtdog: what say ye men and ladies of the DAMN round table all for one and one for all now lets ride !!!!!!! :roost: ps KEN thanks
2005 KLR250 2012 TIGER 800XC FULLY FARKLED : :whip:
TEACH MORE FRIENDS TO RIDE WE NEED VOTES FOR THE LAW'S THAT GOVERN US. TOO CHANGE!!!
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

First I'd like to thank you guys for the "come on in" policy of the DAMN riders. I am always happy to meet local peeps that like to ride. I agree with what the main consensus here is, leave a good thing alone. I am a member of NVTR and R&T and another "official" club would make the "fun" harder to come by. You guys get together cause you're friends, you ride for the pure fun of it. If you want to raise some money for a worthy cause, you can always just chip in and donate to your hearts content in the name of the DAMN riders, you don't have to be organized for that. We all have plated bikes with our own insurance so having a org'd ride just makes things harder. Besides, if you ride as individuals (not as a org'd club), if there is some legality that arises, no club or charter or license has to be involved, it's just folks with like interest having fun and riding and what's the worst thing, one or two of us get a ticket? :rayof:
Lots of cool bikes---
JaxObsessed

Post by JaxObsessed »

Al, SOOOOO true, well put and ACCURATE!!! I work at a University :screwy:
Roadracer_Al wrote:Jax, I'm with you. My mother-in-law is a professor, and she shared this great joke with me: "Why is the fighting and politics in academic institutions so fierce? Because the stakes are so low." I think there is some truth to that - when you have a bunch of people trying to achieve the one little inadequate crumb of reward, it gets ugly. When there's enough to go around, people have the luxury of civil behavior.