I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hi from Leesburg, VA

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
pcoburn
DAMN n00b

Hi from Leesburg, VA

Post by pcoburn »

I already posted over on the "Ford" section, but thought I'd say Hi here.

Picked a (very) low mileage XR650L late last year for a planned 2 week run at the Trans-Am Trail this summer. Still mostly stock other that a 14T sprocket, plenty of other upgrades coming before I'm ready. Plan is to go from the start in TN to about Moab, UT. Was going to be finishing in Denver, CO until I saw some pictures from Moab from others and had to extend the goal.

I usually ride most weekends in the woods on the KTM, but recently with the crappy weather it's been fun to take a couple of hours out on the XRL and explore the Loudoun County roads near Leesburg.

One question - does anyone know of a (legal) area with sandy trails nearby? Looking to get some practice on that once it warms/dries up.
2005 Husqvarna TC 450 - plated and ready to ride
1999 KTM 300 EXC - my old man woods bike
SOLD! 2007 XR650L - used for TN-UT TAT last summer
chasbo
DAMN Expert

Re: Hi from Leesburg, VA

Post by chasbo »

Welcome to DAMN! :thumbup:
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Welcome :thumbup:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

indeed and DAMN time you joined us! :thumbsup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mullethead774
DAMN Wanabe

Post by mullethead774 »

Welcome Mr. Coburn. I used to be familiar with your area. Worked for several years for a communications company out of Sterling that served all Loudon Co. We lived in Herndon. I loved that I drove the opposite way of traffic every morning & afternoon. :smoking: My 1st wife had to drive in to Tysons Corner each day. She would tell me horror stories. The whole place is so different than when I left in Jan. 1990. From what I see when I go through there on my way to Budds Creek, all I can say is, ride west young man. Those citiots are just plain nuts.
Where'd the light go?
'05 YZ250
'02 KLR650
'01 Sprint RS
'02 CR80 #1 grandson's