I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Design and build your own custom off road bike, in the US!

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Design and build your own custom off road bike, in the US!

Post by Firebolter »

I posted this on ADV, so same stuff if you saw it there.

US Highland Motorcycles
I was reading about these in the current Dirt Bike magazine today. Pretty cool. Husaberg/Husky roots to Sweden design, built in the US to your order specs. Here's the real kicker, a SE like bike you can get in 750/950 and a 1050 in development. All top notch specs and components.

They will custom build a dirt tracker, Motoard, Enduro or Rallye bike and of course a Dual Sport! I'm sure they cost alittle more, but you woulnd't need any performance parts.

http://www.ushighland.com/
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Design and build your own custom off road bike, in the U

Post by Rut Row »

saw this on the NVTR mailing list too - man, that is sweet! If I read the specs right, their 950 v-twin is only 281 pounds!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
JaxObsessed

Post by JaxObsessed »

OH GOD NO.......... :dirtdog: This shit drives me crazy.... 280 lb 950?????

All I need is another obsession.... They look really cool too...
Kyler wrote:saw this on the NVTR mailing list too - man, that is sweet! If I read the specs right, their 950 v-twin is only 281 pounds!
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

JaxObsessed wrote:OH GOD NO.......... :dirtdog: This shit drives me crazy.... 280 lb 950?????

All I need is another obsession.... They look really cool too...
Kyler wrote:saw this on the NVTR mailing list too - man, that is sweet! If I read the specs right, their 950 v-twin is only 281 pounds!
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2010/ ... -oklahoma/

....For those of you familiar with Highland, you might be saying, "Hey, wait a minute, Highland is from Sweden." Well, "from" is the operative word since the company has been reorganized and relocated to Tulsa and established as US Highland. The Chairman of US Highland is Bengt Andersson, former CEO of Husqvarna, the President is Mats Malmberg who founded Highland Motorcycles AB of Sweden in 1997 and who, along with former motocrosser, Chase Bales, formed the new US Highland. The company will be building a range of singles and V-Twins for both off road and street applications. V-Twins are 750, 950 and 1050cc, singles are 350, 450 and 507cc.

I'd be real interested to see what their 750 is like... It could be the right blend and a good all arounder...
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
chasbo
DAMN Expert

Post by chasbo »

A 750 Adv bike could be pretty darn cool.
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

If you put a value on your time, that has to be way more cost-effective than building your own medium-displacement ADV bike!

I hope the motors demonstrate reliability!!