I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

My DS ride today

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
CapoGreg

My DS ride today

Post by CapoGreg »

Nothing special, I had to work until 3, so I went out to play the MD Tag-O-Rama game and made a nice big loop around Harford, Cecil, Lancaster, and York counties. Used the Hero HD to shoot some video and some stills of a little bit of the ride. A little windy out in open farm country, but otherwise perfect riding weather.

[youtubeurl][/youtubeurl]

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: My DS ride today

Post by Bucho »

I like the stills. The last two came out really nice.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

My favorites are #4 and #6. That's the first time I used it to take stills. I used it for the Tag-O-Rama shots too, because my only other camera is a DSLR and I can't carry it on the bike and have quick access to it.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

So when are you going to lead a DS ride out there? :roost:

Get it on the calendar dude! :whip:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Greg nive video and pics. We hit most of those roads on our local rides as well.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Just wondering. How are you getting the stills? Are those frames pulled from the video, or are you actually "taking a picture"?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

The Hero can be used as a video camera, a still camera, or a still that will take a photo at preprogrammed intervals. I set it to shoot one every 10 seconds, and those photos from on the bike ae the result of that.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Thats really interesting.
I know when I'm out on a long ride or a bike trip it seems some of the pictures are also right where the road is also great and it seems like I never want to stop to take pics.
I guess every ten seconds is kinda random, but out of the mess of pics you can really find some great ones.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

If you're good, you can set it in single mode, and reach up to snap one whenever you want to, I've done that before too.