I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Saturday April 10th - DS Ride in Fredneck County

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
skierd
DAMN Expert

Re: Saturday April 10th - DS Ride in Fredneck County

Post by skierd »

saved the full size image, resized and rehosted, cuz love this pic! :thumbup: Thanks!

If you were in the group led that ended up being led by me, sorry if the pace was quick. :roost: :whoop: I started getting into the groove on the second half of the ride and was sad when I realized I was at the end of the roll chart. I mean, its just a 250... :brows:
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Looks like fun and I am sorry I missed it. I was in Montgomery County and planning to surprise you DAMN guys, but a late night of work on Friday and some moto equipment that needed attention before I could ride kept me from being able to attend.

restukey and I did a loop around Sugar Loaf Mountain, crossed the ford on Sigler Road, and had spirited rip out Browns Bridge and Harpers Ferry Roads in the afternoon. We saw a group of BMW GS twins in Poolesville about 2:30 PM, and a group with at least one other BMW GS and a Buell (whatever the ADV model is) at the Jefferson Shell much later in the day. I wondered if any of them were DAMN riders.

We limped home in the dark later in the evening.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
John Go

Post by John Go »

Bucho wrote:Thanks all you guys who posted/linked pictures.
Especially JohnGo, I think you had about 150 pics on there! Looks like that was a pretty big group you photographed hitting the fjord.
I think there were three groups that bottle necked at the ford. The six who were with me, and then two other groups. It looks like I got about three shots of most riders going though. My camera has continuous shooting, but the speed is more that a second between shots so I miss some good stuff.
ADVmouse

Post by ADVmouse »

Thanks Ken, for organizing this. I made it by lunchtime, and rode only the afternoon. Mike-from-Ft-Washington-on-a-DR650 (sorry, forgot your last name) and I rode the morning loop backwards. Good fun!

HallBottom Road was something else. And so were those two girls in a regular car who made it through behind us!

I'll try the afternoon loops and see if they'll be good to take the wife, two-up on the ST1100

See you next time,
Chris
KLR650
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

ADVmouse wrote:Thanks Ken, for organizing this. I made it by lunchtime, and rode only the afternoon. Mike-from-Ft-Washington-on-a-DR650 (sorry, forgot your last name) and I rode the morning loop backwards. Good fun!

HallBottom Road was something else. And so were those two girls in a regular car who made it through behind us!

I'll try the afternoon loops and see if they'll be good to take the wife, two-up on the ST1100

See you next time,
Chris
KLR650
the ST will do fine on the afternoon loop - you'll have a lot of fun and stop so the Mrs can see the sights!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris