I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Very handy/helpful tire changing videos

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Re: Very handy/helpful tire changing videos

Post by Daves08excr »

Mike thanks for posting the vids i can see why i had such a hard time last time i changed tires. I'll be able to get some more practice i need to change both before the reunion ride.
:thumbup:
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote:Two good spoons / a tire stand and some lube in the correct places and it is that easy. Now getting a tubless trials tire to take air can be a different story.
Lets find a KLR rider who wants his rear tire changed and test that theory. They are DAMN near impossible to break the bead with just a tire iron.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Kyler wrote:
Boom Boom wrote:Two good spoons / a tire stand and some lube in the correct places and it is that easy. Now getting a tubless trials tire to take air can be a different story.
Lets find a KLR rider who wants his rear tire changed and test that theory. They are DAMN near impossible to break the bead with just a tire iron.
I have never seen a bead broken with a tire iron. You need a bead breaker IMO. On street tires you can use a long board (loading ramp :deal: ) and you might get lucky.

:lol2: I had a hilarious night with three drunken friends trying to break a bead with a board. I don't remember what was so funny, but it sure was cracking us up to the point of being useless. :cheers: Picture 2 drunks trying to hold the third one steady enough to jump on the board at the bead only to have all three topple over, repeatedly.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

mdubya wrote: :lol2: I had a hilarious night with three drunken friends trying to break a bead with a board. I don't remember what was so funny, but it sure was cracking us up to the point of being useless. :cheers: Picture 2 drunks trying to hold the third one steady enough to jump on the board at the bead only to have all three topple over, repeatedly.
that would have been a great video!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
JaxObsessed

Post by JaxObsessed »

mdubya wrote: :lol2: I had a hilarious night with three drunken friends trying to break a bead with a board. I don't remember what was so funny, but it sure was cracking us up to the point of being useless. :cheers: Picture 2 drunks trying to hold the third one steady enough to jump on the board at the bead only to have all three topple over, repeatedly.
:harhar: Good one! I have found my self in similar situations that I am happy that there was no camera.

I watch these vids every time I change a tire! thanks mdub:thumbup:
one word on bead breakers.... c-clamp. I usually don't have enough drunks to get mine done!! :freakey:
I have a new Michelin T63 rear coming in the mail. :roost:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

JaxObsessed wrote:
:harhar: Good one! I have found my self in similar situations that I am happy that there was no camera.

I watch these vids every time I change a tire! thanks mdub:thumbup:
one word on bead breakers.... c-clamp. I usually don't have enough drunks to get mine done!! :freakey:
I have a new Michelin T63 rear coming in the mail. :roost:
Yep, big ole C-clamp can be your friend. If I am going to change a tire that I think will be a rip to break the bead, I just back off the rim locks, pull out the valve guts and ride it flat till it is nice and warm and normally ready to spin on the rim.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

I bought this nifty collapsable bead breaking tool from a Beemer website - looks like this:

Works great.

EDIT: Might have been aerostitch.