I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

09' XR650L NEED HELP MOUNTING NEW TIRES. WILL PAY $. Towson

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: 09' XR650L NEED HELP MOUNTING NEW TIRES. WILL PAY $. To

Post by Skinny-J »

Andrew,

If the Brownwhale or the Dude don't hook you up, I can help too. I am 30 minutes north of Hunt Valley in Hereford (straigth up 83). I have a HF tire changer and also ride an BRP so I am real familiar with your bike.

Jay
WHY.GO.HOME

Post by WHY.GO.HOME »

Sorry for the late response, but thanks to everyone.. There was much more interest in lending a hand than I was expecting!

Anyways, got the new tires mounted today thanks to help from BrownWhale. Thanks again Peter.

See you all in the mountains this weekend :whoop:
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

The Dude shouldn't volunteer to hook anybody up anymore. I just spent 4 hours wrestling 2 tires. I don't know why, but the GS was super easy - minus seating the rear wheel. This thing - what a fookin' pain! The only use I'd have on the trail for tire irons is digging my grave and leaving a marker - cause I'm not getting out.

I finally caved and ran to Harbor Freight to buy their el-cheapo tire machine. It's cheap. It doesn't do much more than keep the wheel losely grasped at standing height. But it's here if you know how to use it - feel free to PM when needed.

I'll lure some friends in one day, and then :bash: