I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

09' XR650L NEED HELP MOUNTING NEW TIRES. WILL PAY $. Towson

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: 09' XR650L NEED HELP MOUNTING NEW TIRES. WILL PAY $. To

Post by Skinny-J » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:17 am

Andrew,

If the Brownwhale or the Dude don't hook you up, I can help too. I am 30 minutes north of Hunt Valley in Hereford (straigth up 83). I have a HF tire changer and also ride an BRP so I am real familiar with your bike.

Jay

WHY.GO.HOME

Post by WHY.GO.HOME » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:54 am

Sorry for the late response, but thanks to everyone.. There was much more interest in lending a hand than I was expecting!

Anyways, got the new tires mounted today thanks to help from BrownWhale. Thanks again Peter.

See you all in the mountains this weekend :whoop:

the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:59 pm

The Dude shouldn't volunteer to hook anybody up anymore. I just spent 4 hours wrestling 2 tires. I don't know why, but the GS was super easy - minus seating the rear wheel. This thing - what a fookin' pain! The only use I'd have on the trail for tire irons is digging my grave and leaving a marker - cause I'm not getting out.

I finally caved and ran to Harbor Freight to buy their el-cheapo tire machine. It's cheap. It doesn't do much more than keep the wheel losely grasped at standing height. But it's here if you know how to use it - feel free to PM when needed.

I'll lure some friends in one day, and then :bash: