Yo, N003 here.

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
CapoGreg

Re: Yo, N003 here.

Post by CapoGreg »

Dealer will issue a temp tag, good for 60 days. You take the Certificate of Origin and Bill of Sale to the DMV or a title service and that's where you pay sales tax, title, and tag fees.
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

GS is ok in sand, much better if you throw a 21" wheel on the front. TKC's are not the greatest sand tire - I'd use a Metzler Karoo - they're more dirt/sand oriented but will be shredded by a few k's of tarmac. That's fine when you're on a trailer though.

And learn to mount your own tires - it's not bad with the GS as the bike is already balanced on the centerstand - no need to prop up the tireless end - when you remove the tire it'll lean to the remaining tire.
Kath

Post by Kath »

Welcome to the group :)
..::LOST::..

Post by ..::LOST::.. »

Eventually, as I start acquiring the tools and know how - emphasis on the know how. I'm tech savoy, but have little to no experience working on these bikes. Also I recently found out Ellicott City Motorcycles mounts/ balances wheels and tires for a 12GS at $65 for the set! It's a buy one get on free deal. This is perfect! Just need to nail down a trailer, as it stands now UHaul is RSVP'd, but I'd like to own one.
the dude himself wrote: And learn to mount your own tires - it's not bad with the GS as the bike is already balanced on the centerstand - no need to prop up the tireless end - when you remove the tire it'll lean to the remaining tire.
So you think the Metzler Karoo's would be best over the TKC80? The Karoo seems cheaper too. Also I don't think I'll have the chance to get a 21" wheel anytime soon, while I do agree the extra circumference will travel over the sand best.
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

..::LOST::.. wrote:Eventually, as I start acquiring the tools and know how - emphasis on the know how. I'm tech savoy, but have little to no experience working on these bikes. Also I recently found out Ellicott City Motorcycles mounts/ balances wheels and tires for a 12GS at $65 for the set! It's a buy one get on free deal. This is perfect! Just need to nail down a trailer, as it stands now UHaul is RSVP'd, but I'd like to own one.
the dude himself wrote: And learn to mount your own tires - it's not bad with the GS as the bike is already balanced on the centerstand - no need to prop up the tireless end - when you remove the tire it'll lean to the remaining tire.
So you think the Metzler Karoo's would be best over the TKC80? The Karoo seems cheaper too. Also I don't think I'll have the chance to get a 21" wheel anytime soon, while I do agree the extra circumference will travel over the sand best.