I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Yo, N003 here.

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
CapoGreg

Re: Yo, N003 here.

Post by CapoGreg »

Dealer will issue a temp tag, good for 60 days. You take the Certificate of Origin and Bill of Sale to the DMV or a title service and that's where you pay sales tax, title, and tag fees.
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

GS is ok in sand, much better if you throw a 21" wheel on the front. TKC's are not the greatest sand tire - I'd use a Metzler Karoo - they're more dirt/sand oriented but will be shredded by a few k's of tarmac. That's fine when you're on a trailer though.

And learn to mount your own tires - it's not bad with the GS as the bike is already balanced on the centerstand - no need to prop up the tireless end - when you remove the tire it'll lean to the remaining tire.
Kath

Post by Kath »

Welcome to the group :)
..::LOST::..

Post by ..::LOST::.. »

Eventually, as I start acquiring the tools and know how - emphasis on the know how. I'm tech savoy, but have little to no experience working on these bikes. Also I recently found out Ellicott City Motorcycles mounts/ balances wheels and tires for a 12GS at $65 for the set! It's a buy one get on free deal. This is perfect! Just need to nail down a trailer, as it stands now UHaul is RSVP'd, but I'd like to own one.
the dude himself wrote: And learn to mount your own tires - it's not bad with the GS as the bike is already balanced on the centerstand - no need to prop up the tireless end - when you remove the tire it'll lean to the remaining tire.
So you think the Metzler Karoo's would be best over the TKC80? The Karoo seems cheaper too. Also I don't think I'll have the chance to get a 21" wheel anytime soon, while I do agree the extra circumference will travel over the sand best.
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Post by the dude himself »

..::LOST::.. wrote:Eventually, as I start acquiring the tools and know how - emphasis on the know how. I'm tech savoy, but have little to no experience working on these bikes. Also I recently found out Ellicott City Motorcycles mounts/ balances wheels and tires for a 12GS at $65 for the set! It's a buy one get on free deal. This is perfect! Just need to nail down a trailer, as it stands now UHaul is RSVP'd, but I'd like to own one.
the dude himself wrote: And learn to mount your own tires - it's not bad with the GS as the bike is already balanced on the centerstand - no need to prop up the tireless end - when you remove the tire it'll lean to the remaining tire.
So you think the Metzler Karoo's would be best over the TKC80? The Karoo seems cheaper too. Also I don't think I'll have the chance to get a 21" wheel anytime soon, while I do agree the extra circumference will travel over the sand best.