I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Husqvarana chain guard

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Husqvarana chain guard

Post by Rut Row »

that really sucks. Do come up and :bull: :cheers: :kbasa: :kumbaya:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

waserman wrote:I think I'm going to ride my street bike up there next Friday and hang out for a couple days of :bull: .I was supposed to going with the huskey,oh well.
I'm thinking of doing the same, just without a bike.
waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman »

Hey Grady I'll be on my Black BMW,I'm pretty sure you saw it when you bought the 610.I think I'm going up on Friday and staying over Friday night and then taking a road trip up to Wellsboro,Grand cayon in Pa. and not sure if the guys on street bikes are going to stay Saturday or head back down or stay up in Wellsboro.I'll be with a combined group of hoople heads from Delaware and new Jersey.I'll look for you,wish to hell I had something to ride up there.Who knows maybe by the end of the week I will,I don't think the KTM would be much fun in the dirt with a back tire that needs replacing,it's even a little sketchey on the road now.
John

DER ECEA AMA
Class: A Super Senior, open

Husqvarna TE 510
waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman »

The continuing saga of the 09 TE510;1st issue case saver mounting towers snapped off,fixed under warranty 2nd issue next time out on the bike 44 miles out at the Curley Fern dualsport,going over log bike dies push it,tow it,look at curse it throttle body popped out of intake manifold when it back fired and stalled.Thanks to the guy who saw it and knew it wasn't seated properly,becuase it sure looked as if it was in the manifold to me,easy fix.The next time out 41 miles into the ride and I'm wondering when I'm going to run out of gas,because I haven't riden the bike enough to know when I'm going to need fuel,anyhow I'm leading and come around a turn to a downed tree we'll have to go under it.I get off the bike and lean it over to the left,WTF it stalls aren't fuel injected bikes supposed to run unless your out of fuel.I push under the tree up the hill andf try to start it.This MF POS won't start out come the tools,check fuel,fuses,bla bla bla the fuel pump isn't even cycling,no allen wrench to pull the tank so another pushing WORKOUT.Lets see I've gone out riding 3 times,and pushed pulled towed,do we have a pattern starting here.I look at my buddy he's riding an 09 Te450 and has had none of these issues,and I said well you go get my truck and I'll see if I can get out to a road from here before you get back.I then look at him and said it doesn't make sense but it stalled when I leaned it to the left, I'll try leaning it to the right and jumping up and down on it,kicking it,cursing it and throwing it back down the hill I've F ing had it with this bike.I lean it over to the right,a bright white light shines down from above pink floyd is playing in the back round,I stand it upright and it starts.WTF quick hand me my helmet I'm heading for your house.The fuel injection pump was up out of the base so far that the pump wasn't even seated in the base filter any longer.I now have 275 miles on this bike and am thinking that maybe I have addressed all the posible issues.Stay tuned for the next ride report.Will he be able to go more than 44 miles without an issue,or will this bike be stolen and the insurance money collected?
John

DER ECEA AMA

Husqvarna TE 510
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Hmmm... I'm thinking you shoulda bought a KTM... :amazon:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Kyler wrote:Hmmm... I'm thinking you shoulda bought a KTM... :amazon:
Yea...That way, having problems would be expected and not such a surprise. :poser:
waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman »

Well I did,sorta.I bought the TE510 and then the 625 SMC,but that is based on the proven LC4 motor and I find myself always jumping on that bike for short rides and Sunday jaunts.The Huskey has been a disappointment,but I still love the way it rides when I'm on so I'm hoping I have nailed down most/all the quirks and corrected some others along the way.I am getting ready to get another larger tank so I haven't given up yet on what may still turn out to be an awesome "dual sport" bike.I'll be at Michaux for sure,I got a confirmation last month.I'm thinking this bike should be a blast in the mountains,it seems pretty plush from the factory,should be good in the rocks.We'll see
John

DER ECEA AMA

Husqvarna TE 510
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

How'd the Husky do at Michaux? Hopefully no more problems