I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2010 Shenandoah 500, Mt. Solon VA - 10/2 & 10/3

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: 2010 Shenandoah 500, Mt. Solon VA - 10/2 & 10/3

Post by Wingfixer »

OldmanX wrote:
Kyler wrote:okay, so now that we've got all the Indians on the warpath... :lol2:

Oldmanx... what pressure should I run in the MT-43 for this event? I ran 12# at 7-Mtns.
I'll probably start with 12, just because of the amount of roads that are run. OOPs, did I say that...meant 15 min. ;) At Mountain Ridge and other places that don't include roads I never run more than 10...usually 8...and its as rocky, or rockier, there than anything we'll see his weekend.
As for UHD tubes, I've tried them. They seem to pich as easy as a HD if you hit something hard enough in the right spot, which usually seems to be on a rim lock. And it seems that once they have a hole, they're more difficult to make a patch to hold properly.

Let's not mention the word "patch" too closely to my bike, please.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

"someone started checking my tire pressures for me. When I told him that my tire pressures were fine, he ignored me and continued to check them. Is that really necessary? "

Absolutely not and I know exactly which A-hole that was that was doing that. I will remind him (if he shows up) this year to STOP BEING A PANSIE ASS PIA..............That guy is a real anal retentive butt head who is about as knowledgeable about bikes and riding as I am with brain surgery.

Tommy, you know who I am talking about right? That Little fart smucker.............This year I think I will run him over!, yeah that's right, Larry Hagman as Chris likes to call him.

If you want to run less pressure, that is your call. If you don't want the guys at tech to check your tires, TELL THEM NO THANKS, I will be there and will not let "certain" people be pushy. The 15lb recommendation is for the 50% or so of the folks who don't ride regularly and never check their air pressure. I agree, I run 12 myself...............
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

OldmanX wrote:
Hare wrote: and they dont just recommend 15 psi they will PUT 15-20 psi in your tires, I never agreed with this and think it is dangerous as hell and truely liable to the person changing a rider's personal tire pressure, all to save fixing a few flats?
Hare, I'm with you on this one. If a change is made, they've worked on the bike...not just offered a 2nd opinion.
I have never put air in to a bike where the rider didn't ask for it. I always ask if they want their pressure checked. Again, I know who you are talking about and I will make sure ALL TECH guys know, we offer, we do not force.............
Lots of cool bikes---
OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Post by OldmanX »

Thanks FB!! Sorry to have stirred up a storm but it was bugging me. Thanks again!
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

OldmanX wrote:Thanks FB!! Sorry to have stirred up a storm but it was bugging me. Thanks again!
:lurker: this was entertaining! :poser:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

Firebolter wrote:
OldmanX wrote:
Hare wrote: and they dont just recommend 15 psi they will PUT 15-20 psi in your tires, I never agreed with this and think it is dangerous as hell and truely liable to the person changing a rider's personal tire pressure, all to save fixing a few flats?
Hare, I'm with you on this one. If a change is made, they've worked on the bike...not just offered a 2nd opinion.
I have never put air in to a bike where the rider didn't ask for it. I always ask if they want their pressure checked. Again, I know who you are talking about and I will make sure ALL TECH guys know, we offer, we do not force.............
That is way cool, thanks for not taking offense!!!
Grreatdog
DAMN Wanabe

Post by Grreatdog »

OldmanX wrote:Thanks FB!! Sorry to have stirred up a storm but it was bugging me. Thanks again!

What storm? Compared ADVRider that wasn't even a cloudy sky much less a storm. :lol2:

More teasers for those of you that haven't ridden this event:

KTM 640 LC4E
KTM EXC 525
XT200
waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman »

Ok I usually run 11-14lbs. in the rocks and 8-12 in everything else,higher pressure in the front of course.The Bridgestone UHD tubes have been hanging on the garage wall for quite a while now,I have used them in the past and unless you run over a nail or something to rip through the tire I've never had a flat with them,I will say that with the lower profile tires THEY ARE A PITA TO PUT IN THE TIRE.That being said I saw at a ride in NJ that Sally Dog has found that the tires are not really a necessary item on the bikes wheels and that tires are for pussys,or was that just in the sand.I'm thinking of spraying my wheels with Rhino liner material and then there would be no need for this tire inflation thing at tech inspection. :roost: Anyone tried this yet? :poser:
John

DER ECEA AMA
Class: A Super Senior, open

Husqvarna TE 510
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

waserman wrote:... That being said I saw at a ride in NJ that Sally Dog has found that the tires are not really a necessary item on the bikes wheels and that tires are for pussys,or was that just in the sand.I'm thinking of spraying my wheels with Rhino liner material and then there would be no need for this tire inflation thing at tech inspection. :roost: Anyone tried this yet? :poser:
I can see SallyDog doing that :poser:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Post by OldmanX »

Kyler wrote:
waserman wrote:... That being said I saw at a ride in NJ that Sally Dog has found that the tires are not really a necessary item on the bikes wheels and that tires are for pussys,or was that just in the sand.I'm thinking of spraying my wheels with Rhino liner material and then there would be no need for this tire inflation thing at tech inspection. :roost: Anyone tried this yet? :poser:
I can see SallyDog doing that :poser:
Yeah, he thinks sprockets are optional, too... :cheers:
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale