I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Black bear sighting at Michaux!

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
SoPaRider
DAMN n00b

Black bear sighting at Michaux!

Post by SoPaRider »

Yesterday afternoon while riding my DR south on Ridge Road, just a couple hundred yards north of the PA Rt. 233/Centerville Rd. intersection in Michaux State Forest., I came across a fairly large black bear in the middle of the road, it's the first one I have ever seen in Michaux. I tried to scare it off by honking the horn and reving the engine, but it never turned it's head, then I added yelling as well and it finally ran off down the hill towards Pine Grove Furnace State Park. I then hauled ass past where it had been, I looked over to where it had run off down the hill, but I couldn't see it again. I usually ride solo in Michaux and I will be doing a 360 check ever time I stop from now on!

Jeff
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Re: Black bear sighting at Michaux!

Post by Ovo »

I love seeing bears in the woods...Last trip up to Medix run I saw a momma and cub crossing the road in front of me. Elk season now, they are just as cool to see, since they are large and in charge.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S