I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

SuMo tire setups

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: SuMo tire setups

Post by mdubya »

The Contis, Distanzias, Power Pilot, Pirelli Diablo, even sticky Shinkos are all available in 150 sized Supersport compounds.

If you have a 4.25 or 4.5 inch rim, the 150 will work better. If you do in fact have a 5" the 160 will work better. On the Super Corsas, I always run a 160 on the 4.25" rim as they measure more like a 155. I have used Dunlop D211's in 150 and 160, which ever is available and both work fine and measure in the 155 mm range. Street comp Diablo and Dunlop 160's are wider than 160 and don't work well on a 4.25" rim.

The rim should be engraved with its actual dimensions.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: SuMo tire setups

Post by mdubya »

While the Avon Distanzias will add a bit of sure footedness on the dirt, if it is a dry, the advantage is minimal, mental even. If it is wet they all suck. I always found it hilarious that on the DRZ forum on Thumper Talk, Bridgestone TrailWings were called Death Wings, yet Distanzias were treated like they had the capabilities of an aggressive knobby. True irony.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC