I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2010 Husky TE 310 first ride impressions

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

2010 Husky TE 310 first ride impressions

Post by Firebolter »

I bought this bike as a replacement for a 2007 KTM 200XC that was my woods/enduro bike. Worked great for 3 seasons. Reliable, just oil and filter cleanings.

Had the Husky Race ECU part #H80002002 installed before I even picked it up, all "stuff" removed and the bike tuned and ready to go at delivery. Took it out yesterday for the first real ride. I had .2 of an hour when I got to the riding spot. First 1 hour just off idle 2-4 gears on a short 3 mile loop trail. Then went on the long trial till 2.5 hours, came back to the truck and changed the oil and filter, Had small sludge on the main magnet plug, some small stuff on the screen. Oil had some slight shinyness to it, normal. Installed the 7602 kit on the button up so now all 14mm bolts for the oil covers and such. Then did another hour on the fresh oil. At the end of the day, (3.5 hours) the oil still looked clean in the window.

Ride impression, Bike lugs well down low form idle to mid, pulls 2nd and 3rd just like the 2 stroker did on the single track. Very clean fueling with this ECU. Crisp off idle response and seamless all the way up. No back fires, no popping just smooth strong pull from idle all the way up. Idles well and will run through the trees at idle and doesn't stall easy. The couple of times I did stall it, fired right back up with the button.

Stock 13-50 gearing is good. Places I had to use the clutch a little were same as for the 200 more or less in 3rd gear. 3rd could pull most hills with some clutch, drop to second if roots on the top. Bike feels well planted. Holds a line good. Goes where it is pointed. I could easily pick a narrow line between ruts and tip toe right across. Will click back 2 clicks for compression on the front for now. Back end felt pretty good. Running Pirelli MT16's and like them in the semi hard pack/sand we ride in. I know the suspension is new, but it works well. 50mm Marzocci's on the front and Sachs out back. Feels pretty good with the springs in it for now. Will see how it feels when everything gets sacked in good.

Filled the tank to the brim at the start this morning, did 52.4 miles (3.2 hours) at the end of the ride and took 1.24 gal to top it off at the station on the way home, and that equates to 42 mpg. Now that was 1/4 throttle with short bursts of 1/2 here and there. Normal trail riding.

So very happy with the bike. Idles well, starts easy, runs strong and pulls down low, lugs good and revs out nice. Will make a nice Enduro bike, oil changes are so easy and clean compared to my 525! MAINT ON THIS BIKE IS REALLY WELL THOUGHT OUT. Easy to do the normal stuff (oil, valves. air cleaner). "Feels" light and nimble through the trees. Makes a good replacement for a 200 2 stroke for sure.
Lots of cool bikes---
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: 2010 Husky TE 310 first ride impressions

Post by Wingfixer »

Thanks for the report. The TE310 is on my short list of woods bikes, when I can afford one.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

That's what I want to hear. Sounds like a really nice bike, pretty much the kind of ride I'm looking for. It's a little out of my agreed-upon budget, but I'm going to get to work on the wife and see if she'll crack.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I have seen multiple places that have 2010 TE310 for 6300 OTD now. I paid 6800 and am very happy. If you do get one, budget the 200 bucks for the Husky Race ECU. That is da bomb. THis bike runs so clean and fueling is issue free with this ECU.
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Rode again yesterday at the NVTR club ride.
Rode 42.1 miles and it took 1.08 gal of gas to top off, so 38.6MPG this week (42 last week) but this ride session was more realistic of a normal ride and last week was more babying for break in.

Rode bike harder and more "normal". mid to top with some full throttle bursts. Bike runs great, still no hickups or bad habits.
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Have you ridden a TE-250 to be able to offer a compare vs the TE-310?
I have spent some time on a 09 TE-250, nice bike but very flat on the bottom. Not enough grunt for my fat ass.
Needed to ride it like a 125 smoker.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Have not ridden a TE250, but I have ridden the KTM 250's and the 310 has a much better bottom than the 250's. pulls good and lugs where you would be clutchin' the 250 some.
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Holy Crap!

NEW 2010 HUSQVARNA TE310 CLEARANCE $5999.00 MFI.............Wow, that's a deal.
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Does it have an unrestricted title or MSO? In other words, could you plate it?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

YES, all Husky TE's are completely DOT legal and come with MSO ready to register. I was in the DMV for 10 minutes.
Husky started doing this in 06, before KTM did.
Lots of cool bikes---