I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Any you DAMN guys going to Sumter National in Jan?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Any you DAMN guys going to Sumter National in Jan?

Post by Firebolter »

Me and about 12 NVTR guys are heading to South Carolina Jan 30th for the Sumter National Enduro. Since this is a national, it is basically a Hare Scramble with checks, no time keeping like a traditional Enduro. They say the trails are pretty sweet down there, we'll see!

Anyway, me and Tommy and 2 other friends rented a house for the weekend about 38 miles from the race start. It was cheaper than a hotel and we have a kick ass lake front vacation home Friday through Monday for 125 each.........So don't think Hotels are cheaper or better, they are not. I found our house on the VRBO website. been using them for a couple of years now.

here's the info on the race if anyone is interested.

http://sermaclub.com/
Lots of cool bikes---
brappp
DAMN Expert

Re: Any you DAMN guys going to Sumter National in Jan?

Post by brappp »

Sumter is NOT a national this year. Sandlapper a month later (late Feb.) in SC is though. Steve B and I are heading down to it in addition to Sumter this season. BTW, pre-enter any national enduros as they fill up quick!

We are very lucky to have two national enduros here on the east coast this year. Put this on your calendar! :thumbup:

July 31st, Rattlesnake National Enduro in Cross Fork, PA

Website - http://www.ber.us/enduro.html
Tommy
08 KTM 280XCF
07 KTM 525EXC
06 Scorpa SY175F
85 Yamaha YZ125N
WATR, GMER, R&T, ECEA, AMA-D7
" DEATH before DNF!! "
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

It is "National Format" (no time keeping) and closed course, no lights/plates needed.......I confirmed that with Johnny from the club.

They will only check for Spark Arrester, sound level and Scoring transponder.........
Lots of cool bikes---
jgreene
DAMN Expert

Post by jgreene »

I will be there. Row 56.
Member R&T Club, and GMER
brappp
DAMN Expert

Post by brappp »

billy (firebolter), yeah it will be start control (national) format, but it is not part of the national series this year.. should be nice for you on row 9.. i'm nine rows behind you on row 18.. great, i get to see the rear tires of all the pros after they pass me over and over, all day long.. whooo hooo :whoop:
Tommy
08 KTM 280XCF
07 KTM 525EXC
06 Scorpa SY175F
85 Yamaha YZ125N
WATR, GMER, R&T, ECEA, AMA-D7
" DEATH before DNF!! "
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

brappp wrote: great, i get to see the rear tires of all the pros after they pass me over and over, all day long.. whooo hooo :whoop:
I have 20 C riders in front of me (rows 1-8), hopefully I can get in front of some of them them early and not feel raped every 5 minutes! I hear ya, it's gonna be fun. Atleast the course won't be so jacked up for us in these early rows. By row 50 sometimes, if it is a little wet, the course just gets hammered and the last 40 rows really work harder!

I expect to see Joey pass me at some point for sure. We'll see, hopefully it will be a good day for the arms with minimal pumpage!
Lots of cool bikes---