Monday - 2/21?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
dak
DAMN Expert

Monday - 2/21?

Post by dak » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:38 pm

motojunky wrote:
dak wrote:
dak wrote:Yep works for me not sure where either. There is always CD canal area. Let know
Went off-road with the BMW R1200 GSA and my girlfriend took her BMW F800 GSA we drove the entire lenght yesterday it was a blast. We only did 47 miles of it, but there is more then 200 plus miles to do. There is some tight stuff and some nice up hill areas. You can drive and have fun on the PA,MD and DE side. This area is open only to street legal motorcycles (with tags). Week days are better because nobody is out and about. I'm Def going back with my 450X and explore some more.

Sorry, but this is not true about the C&D Canal. Only the dirt/gravel access roads are legal. Anything off-road is illegal. Riding off-road there jeopardizes the Delaware Enduro which gets an exemption to use the property once a year. As you know, with examples like Greenridge, keeping land access is a big issue. The Delaware Enduro is a great event - please don't put it at risk. I'm not saying that I've never poached a trail, but this isn't the place to do it. Please.

That said, it can be a nice place to explore, particularly for big dual sport/adventure bikes or newer riders.
Previous to riding the area I talked to the ranger/Officers about riding the area, he told me as long you stay on the main trails your OK. If it's gated, blocked or posted you can not drive the area. I would never jeopardize The Delaware Endure riders club by poaching a trail. However it's all off-road dirt/ gravel mix, no it's no like riding single tracks through the woods or a full blast off-road race area. The ranger also told us they like to see motor vehicle ride the area parallel to the canal. Anyway we had good time and where legal to use the area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DAK BMW G450X RIDER

motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Re: Monday - 2/21?

Post by motojunky » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:25 pm

dak wrote: Previous to riding the area I talked to the ranger/Officers about riding the area, he told me as long you stay on the main trails your OK. If it's gated, blocked or posted you can not drive the area. I would never jeopardize The Delaware Endure riders club by poaching a trail. However it's all off-road dirt/ gravel mix, no it's no like riding single tracks through the woods or a full blast off-road race area. The ranger also told us they like to see motor vehicle ride the area parallel to the canal. Anyway we had good time and where legal to use the area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cool. If you talked to a ranger, I'm sure you got good info about where to ride. There isn't anything tight that's legal, so be careful there. And if you find 200 miles of stuff, please let me know! :ride: I've only been able to get about 50 miles by going end to end on both sides and sticking to the roads.

I grew up not too far from there. 20-25 years ago, off-road travel wasn't much of an issue. Had a lot of fun there in Jeeps and 4wd trucks, but never really rode off-road. I've raced the enduro a couple of times and it's a great event if the weather has been fairly dry in the preceding days/weeks.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap