I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Erzberg rodeo

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Joker
DAMN Expert

Erzberg rodeo

Post by Joker »

I stumbled upon some helmet cam. footage of the Erzberg Rodeo and I felt it was nessary to share. He's got 5 video's of this race total. It puts everything in a totally different prepsective than the high end movie cameras. Watching all 5 is a must.
[youtubeurl][/youtubeurl]
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Erzberg rodeo

Post by Grady »

:thumbup: Awesome to see a first person perspective.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I never realized they had to go back down those hills! :bow:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Is that thing on his goggle strap a spring-loaded windshield wiper for his goggles?

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

phoo wrote:Is that thing on his goggle strap a spring-loaded windshield wiper for his goggles?

~Patrick

Kinda, it's a film on a roll. Check em out http://www.motocross.com/moto/pro-grip- ... -roll-offs. For some reason i am having a really hard time posting links. :shrug: this was like my third try :lol2:
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Interesting. So like tearoffs, except that it doesn't litter the course and it looks like it could possibly even hold more "replacements." Not only that, you aren't looking through several sheets of plastic at the start.

Pretty cool.

Oh, speaking of things that make dirt riding easier. Thanks to whomever posted the link to the $20 hydration/gear pack at Cycle World. Mine arrived last week and it's nice, especially for the price. I think usually you can't get storage compartments for that cheap.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

Just got a chance to watch those...that was intense :bow:

There were a couple parts where I was thinking "I could do this" but then I remembered how much tamer things look on camera and how much of a wuss I am :lol2:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

phoo wrote:Interesting. So like tearoffs, except that it doesn't litter the course and it looks like it could possibly even hold more "replacements." Not only that, you aren't looking through several sheets of plastic at the start.

Pretty cool.

Oh, speaking of things that make dirt riding easier. Thanks to whomever posted the link to the $20 hydration/gear pack at Cycle World. Mine arrived last week and it's nice, especially for the price. I think usually you can't get storage compartments for that cheap.

~Patrick
Yeah, they are cool, but you only have a 1.5 inch "stripe" you are looking through, which is not bad, just different than regular tear offs. I have a pair of Smith with the pull lens and they broke in Sumter this year due to the "snap" on design of the carriers. Would be nice if they were screw on. Check out the mounts if possible before you buy a pair. They are not super expensive.
Lots of cool bikes---
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

badguy wrote:Just got a chance to watch those...that was intense :bow:

There were a couple parts where I was thinking "I could do this" but then I remembered how much tamer things look on camera and how much of a wuss I am :lol2:
Thats exactly what I thought when I was watching the Production videos shot with camera crews "Oh just pin it in 4th or 5th gear and I could make it" ..... wrong :lol2: I'd love to try it, but I'd need a weekend not 5 hrs.