I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

MAVT Trials event - New Windsor, MD 7/10/11

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

MAVT Trials event - New Windsor, MD 7/10/11

Post by motojunky »

http://www.mid-atlantictrials.com/Taylorsville.html

This will be my first time there, but I'm told it's a great event for spectators. The loop is basically in the guy's yard, so it's a short walk between sections (some events the loop is a few miles long). I'm told there aren't a lot of big obstacles - instead he lays the sections out to be technical (tight turns, off camber, small logs in the turns, etc.). Won't be as exciting as watching a D6 event with big rocks but it should still be good. I'll be there most likely with the family in tow.

If you've always wanted to try a trials bike, bring your helmet. You can ride mine when I'm done.

Mid-Atlantic Vintage Trials
Presents
Our 5th Annual Vintage Trial and Picnic
On Sunday, July 10, 2011

Start time: Noon
Gate Fee: $5.00 per vehicle
Sign-up Fee: $20.00 Two or more family members: $15.00 each.

Hot Dogs, Potato Salad, Chips and Drinks will be provided by:
Mid-Atlantic Trials, LLC

We have eight, all new technical sections, and have added some more loop (and sections) in the woods. This is a good spectator trial. Invite friends and family. We'll keep them fed and in the shade.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: MAVT Trials event - New Windsor, MD 7/10/11

Post by Firebolter »

This is at Roger's place and it is a cool event. His sections are pretty nice as well. Very family friendly and easy for all to walk the property to see the riders in the various sections.
Lots of cool bikes---
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

Since this is a whopping 5 min drive (if I go Slowly) from my house then I will see about checking it out.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Nice event. Great sections. 4 loops of 8 sections. Once I got used to the new bike and set it up, worked pretty good. Clutch lever was not adjusted correctly. Took me 2 sections to get it all dialed in, as my scores show (riding 3 line)

Loop 1- 9 points (4-1's 4-0's and 1-5)
Loop 2- 12 points (2-1's 4-0's and 2-5's)
Loop 3- 3 points (1-1 1-2 6-0's)
Loop 4- 1 point (1-1 7-0's)

Great day and a great break in for the new bike! Hot today for sure......................Met Motojunky there on his Scorpa.
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

With them scores you sure don't need trials school next weekend.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

I kept meaning to get over to chat a little and drool on your new bike, but I put it off too long and you were gone. Next time...

I had a good time today, even though it was stinking hot. I had a weird day in terms of riding/scores. I scored well, but spent most of the day not feeling quite right on the bike. Not terrible, just not quite right - hard to put a finger on it. I didn't really warm up which might have been the problem. I rode the 3 line too and scored as follows:

Loop 1 - 1 point
Loop 2 - 1 point
Loop 3 - clean
Loop 4 - 4 points (2 and two 1s)

The sections were really neat, and clearly not slapped together. The food was good too! This is one I'll look forward to next year.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

By them scores it sounds like both of you need to move up to a harder class.
My scores normally require me counting all my fingers and toes, sometimes twice :harhar:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Boom Boom wrote:By them scores it sounds like both of you need to move up to a harder class.
My scores normally require me counting all my fingers and toes, sometimes twice :harhar:
The 3 line for MAVT is all over the place in terms of difficulty... I've had a couple of 1 point events and I've had a couple of 50 point events.

I am being encouraged to finish the year on the 3 line before moving up - something about a clear lack of basic fundamental skills. :lol2: I get away with a lot on "instinct" or whatever you might call it, but I'm still doing a LOT wrong.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap