I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Beater 1993 Honda Civic - North East, MD

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Beater 1993 Honda Civic - North East, MD

Post by motojunky »

I finally got around to buying a new commuter weapon so my beater Honda Civic is available. I bought this 4 years ago as a "temporary" commuter and it just kept running so I just kept driving it. A great deal fell into my lap so I decided to jump on it.

1993 Honda Civic. 1.6 liter, 5 speed. 265,xxx miles. I have put 83,xxx miles on it myself, the rest were from previous owners. DAMN/ADV price $600. Trades welcome, suggestions at the end of this post.

Good:
It gets me to work and back every day. 85 miles round trip.
It gets 35+ mpg when driven gently.

Has a trailer hitch and pulls my little 4x8 trailer w/a bike just fine.

Bad:
It looks awful. The clear coat is peeling badly and there are a couple of small rust spots starting.
The windshield is broken.
The mid-pipe in the exhaust is rotted out. It has been patched several times and needs replacement.
AC does not work.

It’s just generally well-used. Will surely need TLC at some point. I’ve been sort of ignoring it, knowing that I’d be replacing it sooner or later.

I’ve had to top up the coolant a couple of times in the last year. Maybe once every couple of months. I've done nothing to diagnose. There is no smoke and no coolant in the oil.
I’ve had to top up the clutch master cylinder about once every 6 months for the 4 years that I’ve been driving it.
I had to top up the brake fluid for the first time the other day. I did brakes when I first got it, but haven't touched them since.

I put a radiator in it a few years ago and I replaced both CV shafts about 1.5 – 2 years ago. I replaced the muffler a year or two ago too. Other than that, I haven’t had to do any work to it.

It looks better in the picture than in person…

Again, trades are welcome. I'll entertain anything but I'd specifically like a crf/xr 70, ttr90, etc. for my daughter; an old trials bike (or new!); good lawn tractor; MX bike; dual sport; etc.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Re: Beater 1993 Honda Civic - North East, MD

Post by phoo »

motojunky wrote:It looks better in the picture than in person…

Yikes!! :poser:

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

phoo wrote:
motojunky wrote:It looks better in the picture than in person…

Yikes!! :poser:
Yep. The clear coat has been steadily peeling off since the day I got it. But it just kept running and delivering great mpg so I couldn't justify replacing it. I've been on the lookout for a killer deal to replace it for at least a year and it finally fell into my lap this week.

The great thing is that you NEVER worry about where you park it. :lol2: In fact, I've come to enjoy parking it as close as possible to cars that are parked on/over the parking space lines.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I imagine it's easier to navigate through traffic, too, because pretty much everyone can look at it and realize they have more to lose from a collision than you do.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

phoo wrote:I imagine it's easier to navigate through traffic, too, because pretty much everyone can look at it and realize they have more to lose from a collision than you do.
Sounds like you've been in traffic with me... :harhar:

That is absolutely the case.

I need to hurry up and sell it before I stick it down in the back woods as a trials bike obstacle. :rickey:
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

SOLD!

People were lined up to buy it just from it sitting in front of my house with a FS sign. I should've put it on CL and asked $1,000. :lol2:
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap