Its Hammer Time 2012

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Its Hammer Time 2012

Post by Grady » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm in! :thumbup: I've missed all the rides this season since the reunion and have only ocasionally lurked the board this summer. But now I'm back, and I'll be @ hammer and bringing 2 other riders with me. I plan to arrive Friday evening and set up camp near the rowdy bunch. Ride all day Sat, party Sat night, then ride a little Sunday till I start feeling like shit from partying Saturday night. Then cut out early Sunday. I'm stoked, and can't wait for a much needed ride with you DAMN guys again.

Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:13 pm

Put me in too. After hearing about this ride all weekend at the Shen, I need to try this one out.
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S

bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:11 pm

ok- :lurker:

Tires, are to be big knobbies? :brows: Like?????????????? Tractionators? Do they need to be DOT?

Same tech as Shen? Liscense, registration? Then your bike gets a viewing for safety sake?

My son is stoked :loveit: . He really loved :ride: riding the Shen and is looking for a greater challenge to test his two wheeling skills.

I am thinking we need to try the options to kick our newbie butts in shape. :poser: :roost: :shrug:

Once again thanks to everyone for making the induction into the DAMN family as painless as possible :kumbaya:

FOOD LIST????????????

How do you sign up for camping??????????????????? did I miss that.

Am I rambling???
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!

Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:16 pm

Grady wrote:I'm in! :thumbup: I've missed all the rides this season since the reunion and have only ocasionally lurked the board this summer. But now I'm back, and I'll be @ hammer and bringing 2 other riders with me. I plan to arrive Friday evening and set up camp near the rowdy bunch. Ride all day Sat, party Sat night, then ride a little Sunday till I start feeling like shit from partying Saturday night. Then cut out early Sunday. I'm stoked, and can't wait for a much needed ride with you DAMN guys again.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :whoop:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX

phoo
Benevolent Dictator

Post by phoo » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:34 pm

Tires technically should be dot. The ride itself is more like most of the options from the shen. It really is much more of a trail ride... I'll be on my ktm. Tech should be close to what they did for shen. It's a whole lot of fun.

Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:48 pm

There is no tech. Just come with a street legal dirtbike.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Surron UltraBee

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:58 pm

there are a few options we won't be doing. Some are for the truly insane. :screwy:

Expect extremely tight trails. Ass whoopin' whoops. And constantly being passed by rude MOFOs who live for nothing but stuffing newbs in the corners. :salute:

We'll keep moving with short stops so expect to pace yourself. If you stop too often or for too long, you can't finish the ride. :nono:

If, and that is a big IF, you can drag your tired, whooped arse out of the sack on Sunday, we do it again. In the three years I've been going, my sorry arse has been too whupped to do more than 1/2 day on Sunday. :eyes:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

GearedUp
DAMN Expert

Post by GearedUp » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:01 pm

bonehead wrote:ok- :lurker:

Tires, are to be big knobbies? :brows: Like?????????????? Tractionators? Do they need to be DOT?
Tires, you will be fine with what you had this past weekend, Trials or Knobs work, but knobs will probably be better. You will run alot lower tire pressures as ther are no rocks.
Same tech as Shen? Liscense, registration? Then your bike gets a viewing for safety sake?
In the past they just looked for valid Insurance, License, and Registration. No actual bike check.
My son is stoked :loveit: . He really loved :ride: riding the Shen and is looking for a greater challenge to test his two wheeling skills.
Overall you will be seeing alot more people, usually over 500 riders. Trails are tighter, alot more single track.
I am thinking we need to try the options to kick our newbie butts in shape. :poser: :roost: :shrug:
Its a sandy loamy soil, options tend to be some small steep hills and lots of tight riding between the pine trees.
Once again thanks to everyone for making the induction into the DAMN family as painless as possible :kumbaya:

FOOD LIST????????????

Free camping at the start. Franckles Field. Its a large club/Private property where they alow camping. No water or electric hookups, and no fires alowed. They have a building for food there and have a large bonfire and a band sat night.
Am I rambling???

http://www.teamhammer.org/2012%20Stuff/ ... 80212a.pdf
Gary

KTM 530EXC
Kawasaki KLR650
KTM Adventure 1190R

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:28 pm

I think Ken is exaggerating how hard the HammerRun options are. Yes, some of them have some super tight spots, but they are all very doable in my opinion. Very doable, its just a matter of how much time will it take you. So if you are tired and running behind then you should probably skip the options.
However, on Saturday morning, the first or second option is a must do. The majority of the Pine Barrens is very flat, but this option has a bunch of small but steep hills. With a handful of throttle they are pretty easy and UBER FUN!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Surron UltraBee

Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:42 am

FOOD LIST????????????

Am I rambling???
No worries....after the endurocross school and a day on my woods loop you will think the options at Hammer Run are a paved road :amazon:

No tech inspection.....whatever tires you want to run are fine
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr