I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Need Suggestions for Single Track Riding

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Grreatdog
DAMN Wanabe

Need Suggestions for Single Track Riding

Post by Grreatdog »

I finally have a whole day free on Saturday 11/10 that is perfect for getting my 200 out on some trails. So what are my best options that are a reasonable day trip from Annapolis? Secondary consideration is that I will likely be riding alone and on a relatively unproven bike. So I am not looking for miles and miles of trail. Tough is cool. But I don't want to break with a ten mile hike back to the truck.

I just need a place with some decent single track to play for a few hours to see how this bike works offroad and maybe mess with the suspension setup and jetting. I still haven't decided whether to keep it and really want to see how it works on what it is meant for. There is not much opportunity to get the tires dirty in Annapolis much less hammer the throttle the way this little Tasmanian Devil likes.
KTM 640 LC4E
KTM EXC 525
XT200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Need Suggestions for Single Track Riding

Post by Boom Boom »

You can test your suspension at The Cove (Winchester Va).
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Grreatdog
DAMN Wanabe

Post by Grreatdog »

Thanks. That would have been my first choice but their web site says Sundays only in November. Must be hunting season there or something.
KTM 640 LC4E
KTM EXC 525
XT200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Good luck finding anywhere open saturday's unless a track....hunting season everywhere :target:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

You could go to Easton MX...old name.. Speedciti. Should be less than an hour from you. The new owners have fixed it up a bit. The intermediate track is pretty good for bike set up and testing. Sorry no trails. Oh and with the storm the may not be open.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

Grreatdog wrote:I finally have a whole day free on Saturday 11/10 that is perfect for getting my 200 out on some trails. So what are my best options that are a reasonable day trip from Annapolis? Secondary consideration is that I will likely be riding alone and on a relatively unproven bike. So I am not looking for miles and miles of trail. Tough is cool. But I don't want to break with a ten mile hike back to the truck.

I just need a place with some decent single track to play for a few hours to see how this bike works offroad and maybe mess with the suspension setup and jetting. I still haven't decided whether to keep it and really want to see how it works on what it is meant for. There is not much opportunity to get the tires dirty in Annapolis much less hammer the throttle the way this little Tasmanian Devil likes.
Taskers Gap???
http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trai ... e_d822.htm
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
GSSteve
DAMN n00b

Post by GSSteve »

Rocket raceway they have a lot of trails in the woods on the Hare Scramble course. You can contact them on their website, they should be able to accommodate you riding schedule

http://rocketraceway.com/
RadioRyder
DAMN Expert

Post by RadioRyder »

I would suggest Wicomico Motorsports Park...they have 3 mx tracks but more importantly 8 miles of hare scramble style trails and are open weekends year round. No hunting!! There's a lot of elevation change and MUD...and I emphasize MUD! Not really single track because quads ride it too. http://www.wicomicomotorsportspark.com/ Located off Budds Creek Rd in southern MD, so probably an hour from you down 301 then left on Budds Creek Rd.

I've been there with my son and he made it around twice on a Raptor 80. He got hung up a few times because of the Raptors low clearance. There would at least be a lot of other people around in case you have mechanical problems. :thumbup:

As Damage said, Speed Citi is in Easton but they do not have the trails anymore. I believe they are working on it.
06 Suzuki DR-Z400S