I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

You never warned me!

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
pmullen
DAMN Grand Poohba

You never warned me!

Post by pmullen » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:13 am

It seems that the un-named someone FAILed to warn me how addictive :whoop: riding is :foul:

isn't winter over yet! :wallbash:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: You never warned me!

Post by Wingfixer » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:50 pm

What does Winter have to do with riding? :shrug: I just got in from a 100 mile ride on the C14. :ride: Just ride the DAMN thing!!

Also, is Summer here yet? :kumbaya:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

pmullen
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by pmullen » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:58 pm

I'm getting visions of
  • the grand reopening of RRob's DAMN riding area complete with BuchoBrawts, keg :cheers: , and clay pigeons.
  • a riding/jamfest at mdubya's, with mdubya and gtop doing a rock 'n roll guitar battle, more BuchoBrawts and more... you guessed it... :cheers:
  • and last but not least, the annual DAMN reunion! :rayof:
oh yea, we might ride some too :ride:

I'm pretty liberal with other people's places, eh? :brows:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:47 pm

I have been having visions too. To the point where I think I'm becoming delusional. I have few things that need to be fixed/replaced and re-charged on the old 450 and then I will be good to go again. My parts just came in this morning. I can't wait to get back to my super secret riding spot near Frostburg. Perhaps some of you DAMN single track riders may be up for a spring ride?

By grandville75 at 2009-01-09
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.

pmullen
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by pmullen » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:58 pm

Granville wrote:I have been having visions too. To the point where I think I'm becoming delusional. I have few things that need to be fixed/replaced and re-charged on the old 450 and then I will be good to go again. My parts just came in this morning. I can't wait to get back to my super secret riding spot near Frostburg. Perhaps some of you DAMN single track riders may be up for a spring ride?
Oh you TEASE! :hi5:
Ken

mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:33 pm

Granville wrote: I can't wait to get back to my super secret riding spot near Frostburg. Perhaps some of you DAMN single track riders may be up for a spring ride?
Please? :grin:

Been hearing tales of Frostburg to Kitzmiller single track since I moved out this way. I find bits and pieces of trail all the time, but I am never sure how kosher the stuff I find is. Last time, I ended up on a perfectly groomed MTB trail, on slicks, on my DRZ. It was great, but I was feeling deep guilt. :lol2:

Ken-the DAMN crowd is welcome to invade my space anytime. :roost:

PS-I have several inches of snow on top of a layer of ice right now. More snow tomorrow. :fitz:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC

gtop

Post by gtop » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:46 pm

Granville wrote:I have been having visions too. To the point where I think I'm becoming delusional. I have few things that need to be fixed/replaced and re-charged on the old 450 and then I will be good to go again. My parts just came in this morning. I can't wait to get back to my super secret riding spot near Frostburg. Perhaps some of you DAMN single track riders may be up for a spring ride?

It sounds like the riding place on the South side of I-68 with the insane hill climbs?

Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:58 pm

Kyler wrote:
Oh you TEASE! :hi5:

Guilty as charged sir, but with explanation. I'm just trying to stir up a little DAMN Drama before we make our spring riding plans :amazon: . Here is some vid leading up to the jump picture. Again it is my son, the jump is really not big and it comes by fast so it is at the end of the vid, 17-Sec. point.

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/ ... puddle.flv
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.

Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:30 pm

mdubya wrote:
Granville wrote: I can't wait to get back to my super secret riding spot near Frostburg. Perhaps some of you DAMN single track riders may be up for a spring ride?
Please? :grin:

Been hearing tales of Frostburg to Kitzmiller single track since I moved out this way. I find bits and pieces of trail all the time, but I am never sure how kosher the stuff I find is. Last time, I ended up on a perfectly groomed MTB trail, on slicks, on my DRZ. It was great, but I was feeling deep guilt. :lol2:

Ken-the DAMN crowd is welcome to invade my space anytime. :roost:

PS-I have several inches of snow on top of a layer of ice right now. More snow tomorrow. :fitz:
I live in Olney which is about 150 miles from the Frostburg area. I know some sweet spots around there for sure. I have not ridden Kitzmiller, but have found myself on some trails that seem too good to be kosher. I do know some local guys who might know some guys that are extremely familar with the surrounding trail system.

I do hope to organize a Frostburg "area" camp and ride :kumbaya: with some of my friends this spring. The camp and rides consist of mostly 10-miles of single track, situated on many acres of private land. The rides are by invitation only, but are free and legal. The land is pretty much next to Savage River State Park which may attract some of our dualsport brethren. I will keep you and other interested responsible adults posted :roost:
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's

pmullen
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by pmullen » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:35 pm

Granville wrote:I do hope to organize a Frostburg "area" camp and ride :kumbaya: with some of my friends this spring. The camp and rides consist of mostly 10-miles of single track, situated on many acres of private land. The rides are by invitation only, but are free and legal. The land is pretty much next to Savage River State Park which may attract some of our dualsport brethren. I will keep you and other interested responsible adults posted :roost:
If you do it around March 13th, it could double as the DAMNriders.org birthday party! WOOT WOOT! :roost:
Ken