4 th Annual Black Friday Ride - Nov 29th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: 4 th Annual Black Friday Ride

Post by Wingfixer » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:26 pm

Skinny-J wrote:
Junior wrote:Is this ride rain or shine?????

Is this a trick question? The last time I tried to lay on the couch for an x-tra hour because it was SNOWING out I got all kinds of grief...
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:57 pm

I'm not quite sure what I'm doing that Friday. I probably should work my 2nd job to help make money for some new riding boots, but the idea of riding is alluring. My ST1100 is in pieces in the garage getting a new driveshaft. I'm left with just the KLR to ride so long periods on the interstate isn't exactly fun.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R

Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:33 am

juddspaintballs wrote:I'm not quite sure what I'm doing that Friday. I probably should work my 2nd job to help make money for some new riding boots, but the idea of riding is alluring. My ST1100 is in pieces in the garage getting a new driveshaft. I'm left with just the KLR to ride so long periods on the interstate isn't exactly fun.
Work! thats a bad word!!!!!! Never use it agin!!! Come out and join us, I say would if we even get on the interstate its only b/c we had to.
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:26 am

Read my sig line. :roost:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:03 pm

Alright, I have been poking around in the GPS and here is what I suggest:
1. Let's meet in Eldersburg, the intersection of RT 32 and RT 26. If you are coming north on 32 from RT 70, hang a right onto RT 26 east and there is a Burger King on your right.

2. How about 8:30 am? I have a full day planned so an earlier start is advised. However, if you know you are going to be hung-over from Thanksgiving and prefer some thing later, speak up now;.... else be on time!!!! :nono:

3. From Eldersburg we can hit some short but fun dirt roads almost right away. This will be the m.o. for the rest of the morning including 2 little water crossings. We will then slip accross the Potomac at Shepherdstown and go pick-up the DAMN tag.

4. From there it is the group's call. My intital thought was to then climb over the mountain and drop into Greenridge to plant the tag. This is the very full day option and it would proably be over 250 miles from Eldersburg until we were back in the Frederick area. Do you think you are man enough? If not, from the DAMN tag we can head north up into the Catoctin's and have a grand time playing around in them there hills as well.

Your input is presently welcomed :hug:

Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:34 pm

Skinny-J wrote:Alright, I have been poking around in the GPS and here is what I suggest:
1. Let's meet in Eldersburg, the intersection of RT 32 and RT 26. If you are coming north on 32 from RT 70, hang a right onto RT 26 east and there is a Burger King on your right.

2. How about 8:30 am? I have a full day planned so an earlier start is advised. However, if you know you are going to be hung-over from Thanksgiving and prefer some thing later, speak up now;.... else be on time!!!! :nono:

3. From Eldersburg we can hit some short but fun dirt roads almost right away. This will be the m.o. for the rest of the morning including 2 little water crossings. We will then slip accross the Potomac at Shepherdstown and go pick-up the DAMN tag.

4. From there it is the group's call. My intital thought was to then climb over the mountain and drop into Greenridge to plant the tag. This is the very full day option and it would proably be over 250 miles from Eldersburg until we were back in the Frederick area. Do you think you are man enough? If not, from the DAMN tag we can head north up into the Catoctin's and have a grand time playing around in them there hills as well.

Your input is presently welcomed :hug:
I`ll be meeting you in your driveway!
Pat we can meat I70 p/r? or my house?
"Do you think your man enough"? NO!!! :salute: But lets do it anyway!
DAMN D/S mini iron butt!!!!!
Thats if my clutch comes in time?????????????
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:35 am

Junior wrote: I`ll be meeting you in your driveway!
Pat we can meat I70 p/r? or my house?
"Do you think your man enough"? NO!!! :salute: But lets do it anyway!
DAMN D/S mini iron butt!!!!!
Thats if my clutch comes in time?????????????
Since Jay's house is north of me and you are south of me how about we meet at my house? If we get an early enough start I know a cool back way there, if not its only about 25 minutes taking 83.

Jay, what time are you leaving your house?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:54 pm

Skinny-J wrote:Alright, I have been poking around in the GPS and here is what I suggest:
Grr. That is 1.2 miles from my house but I'll be in MA. For those who don't know, Rt 26 is aka Liberty Rd. Burger King is at the first light east of 32 on Liberty Rd.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200

bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:24 pm

This sounds fun. Count me in.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!

Gene-TW200
DAMN Expert

Post by Gene-TW200 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:40 pm

Hey J do you have a GPX file on this little ride ? I'm thinking I should be able to make this one !!
Tw-200
Honda Ft-500
ST-1300
DR-650