I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

VP race fuel supplier Frederick area

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Re: VP race fuel supplier Frederick area

Post by motojunky »

Flattracker94 wrote:Race fuels are generally thicker then pump gas requiring different jetting or FI tune. Sunoco sells leaded race fuels with various blends and octane ratings.
Understood. I just wanted to clarify that the race fuel they (Sunoco) sells at the pump contains ethanol. When I was looking, the local station owner assured me that it did not. A call to Sunoco confirmed that it does.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Flattracker94 wrote:Im doing the same and switching to Sunoco. I have been running VP C-12 in my ROTAX flat tracker and every year the cost seams to go up a few dollars. All they say about the price jump is that it has to do with the EPA and Tax. I usually get 5 gal. at a time from Booze Bros. Racing in Marion PA, just off I-81. I think the cost is around $13-14 per gal. Once the season gets going Im going to tune my bikes to run on the Sunoco fuel and start getting fuel from the Myersville Sunoco. If any of you guys need a good local Dyno/Tuner, carb or FI give Shawn Sweeny a call at Cycle Connection just outside Damascus, MD. I have been working with Shawn on different bikes for 10 years. Their are other guys in the area that have Dynos, but they do not know how to tune well or have the experience to know what changes effect what. Dont let them fool you..! I think the Sunoco Race fuels are a good bit cheaper the last time I checked into it. Curtis

I'm one of those "other guys" and take offense that I cannot tune. The 14 landspeed records and 1 fuel bike drag record I have set would tend to indicate otherwise.

Thicker than pump gas? Really?

The specific gravity tells that tale and it says there's less density per pound and that's why you need to "jet up" for many race fuels.

And the race fuel I'm referring to comes in a sealed can and contains 6.8% ethanol. The reason is alcohol is an excellent oxygen carrier and I run oxygenated fuels. Sunoco recognizes the storage problems related to ethanol and adds chemicals to the mix that enhance storage. I am going to use MO2X which Sunoco states has a shelf life of 2 years properly stored and draining the tank is not necessary.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

anotherguy wrote:The 14 landspeed records and 1 fuel bike drag record I have set ...
so, I'm thinking a few cases of beer are in order - I'll bet that there are some great stories here! I'd love to hear them.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

If we meet up Saturday at The Indoors a few might be shared.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

anotherguy wrote:If we meet up Saturday at The Indoors a few might be shared.
I think Wingfixer is planning on a pre-meet - I trust he'll be posting something soon. See you there!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Flattracker94
DAMN n00b

Post by Flattracker94 »

Sorry if I offended you, I should have worded that differently. I was directing that toward a few that will trailer their dyno to your home, shop or event that don't exactly know what they are doing. They are close to us. I am not a tuner, that's why I go to Shawn. If you have set those records that is saying something about your tuning abilitys.
"You can't beat people using their idea's. They have had them longer then you and will know them better then you do. You have to come up with something new that is all your own."
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Here's a ZX-12 tuned (poorly) by another shop that I fixed a bit. There's a few more ponies in there and a dip at 5K RPM but the owner had set a time limit due to budget (he had already spent $400!!) restraints. BTW that's a 90 HP gain at 10,300 RPM. Not bad for an hour and a half and didn't even pick up a wrench. :D