I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Calling mdubya - Spirited Spring DS Ride?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Calling mdubya - Spirited Spring DS Ride?

Post by BigBird »

Sure would be nice to fill in one of these nice days when the roads aren't all dusty with a nice DS ride.

Could probably even be a weekday since quite a few of us are doing shift work or no work :>)
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Calling mdubya - Spirited Spring DS Ride?

Post by mdubya »

BigBird wrote:Sure would be nice to fill in one of these nice days when the roads aren't all dusty with a nice DS ride.

Could probably even be a weekday since quite a few of us are doing shift work or no work :>)
I am up for it. I have refined and expanded my routes. It is still snowing out here almost every day.

It is at least a week before I see a break in the forecast. Undoubtedly, it will take some time for the snow to melt or pack down enough to ride. But I am suffering extreme cabin fever. I am ready to get out!

Let me know days/dates which interest you. :ride:

I watched this recently, and I am inspired. :roost:

Gets good about 5 min in.

[youtube][/youtube]

link in case its not working:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Would this be a ride for knobbies or 50/50 tires? I'd love to join you either way if I can.

Thanks,

Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

phoo wrote:Would this be a ride for knobbies or 50/50 tires? I'd love to join you either way if I can.

Thanks,

Patrick
I do it on 50/50's. The focus will be on dirt and gravel. The pavement will be a necessary evil, but it will be used to get to the next dirt section.

FWIW-we have done it on supermotos also. It is more challenging with fat smooth street tires, but it is doable.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Wingfixer prefers Destanzas (and so do I from a spectator perspective :loveit:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Pa_trailrider
DAMN Expert

Post by Pa_trailrider »

mdubya wrote:
BigBird wrote:Sure would be nice to fill in one of these nice days when the roads aren't all dusty with a nice DS ride.

I am up for it. I have refined and expanded my routes. It is still snowing out here almost every day.

It is at least a week before I see a break in the forecast. Undoubtedly, it will take some time for the snow to melt or pack down enough to ride. But I am suffering extreme cabin fever. I am ready to get out!

[youtube][/youtube]

I know the feeling haven't had a bike out for months every chance I get there is snow. :boohoo: I cant even ride to work now If I drive my truck I get gas money ride the bike no money. :wallbash:

A weekend would be best for me but I can get a weekday off with a little notice. :roost:
DR 650 DRZ 400 XCW 300
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

BigBird wrote:Wingfixer prefers Destanzas (and so do I from a spectator perspective :loveit:
They are almost worn out! Then its on to 606's!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Pa_trailrider wrote:
mdubya wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

I know the feeling haven't had a bike out for months every chance I get there is snow. :boohoo: I cant even ride to work now If I drive my truck I get gas money ride the bike no money. :wallbash:

A weekend would be best for me but I can get a weekday off with a little notice. :roost:
Every time it melts, we get a new round of ice and snow. :rant: 3-4 days cycle.

We should do a run as soon as we get a break, Darwin. :thumbup:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Pa_trailrider
DAMN Expert

Post by Pa_trailrider »

Here is a little from a few years ago :cheers:

[youtube][/youtube]
DR 650 DRZ 400 XCW 300