I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2013 Shade Mountain Schedule for Riding

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

2013 Shade Mountain Schedule for Riding

Post by Firebolter »

Boom Boom has confirmed this-----------

Open NOW till 1 April

CLOSED 1 April through Friday before Memorial Day

Open Friday before Memorial Day through end of Sep

CLOSED from end of Sep through end of Deer season which is determined each year****

Please DO NOT ride in Shade Mountain during the Closed periods. We have to respect the periods else we risk loosing another riding area!
Lots of cool bikes---
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Re: 2013 Shade Mountain Schedule for Riding

Post by Ovo »

I assume this applies to 7 mnts too?
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I think YES and believe this is for ALL state lands where riding is allowed. Basically they lumped all motorized users into the same time periods regardless of area or type of OHV. Even for plated DS, same thing for state lands.
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

If anyone took notice to the gated roads while riding the 7-mountains dual sport last year you would have noticed the wording of closure dates listed. This is nothing new, that has been in place for all state lands. What we have enjoyed is a good relationship with the SF and the closure rule was not enforced.
That is no longer, I have been told many reasons why but can not confirm what is true and what is story.
What I can tell you is that for 2013 Shade and 7-mountains will have enforced closure dates just like Michaux and all others.
Guess it would piss you off if you own a ATV and pay for a license/permit to DCNR and are told you can not ride during certain time periods but we were riding cycles during that time period on state land and we did not pay anything toward a permit/license.
The closure period is not that long, schedule those dates for places like RAC, The Cove, Mountain Ridge and other private riding areas.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr