I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Trials Event tomorrow Sat 23 Mar @New Windsor MD

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Re: Trials Event tomorrow Sat 23 Mar @New Windsor MD

Post by motojunky »

Results are posted: http://www.mid-atlantictrials.com/Flyers.html

2nd place in Air-Cooled 4 decided by one point between DAMN Riders. Cool. Both riders were well ahead of the 4th place rider. :thumbup:

Couple of pics posted so far... hopefully more to follow soon.

old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I got 6th in Mod 3. 8 sections x 4 times and I got 39 points with 19 cleans. Sec 5 was a mess. Even when we were walking it in the morning, you knew that was gonna go to hell. Section 7 was fun and challenging. 15 of my point were pure "headimus up assimus" and just not paying attention and blowing my line. The hard stuff I did okay on. Dab here and a dab there. Was a nice day to ride trials and the sections were fun. My absolute favorite part was when you leave section 5 and back towards the barn to the back side, there is that sweet jump that is perfect and you could launch off that thing!
Lots of cool bikes---
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Firebolter wrote:I got 6th in Mod 3. 8 sections x 4 times and I got 39 points with 19 cleans. Sec 5 was a mess. Even when we were walking it in the morning, you knew that was gonna go to hell. Section 7 was fun and challenging. 15 of my point were pure "headimus up assimus" and just not paying attention and blowing my line. The hard stuff I did okay on. Dab here and a dab there. Was a nice day to ride trials and the sections were fun. My absolute favorite part was when you leave section 5 and back towards the barn to the back side, there is that sweet jump that is perfect and you could launch off that thing!
No kidding about section 5. I got very lucky and cleaned it on my 2nd loop. I could have gone home then and been happy. :lol2: I wasn't able to do it again. I got close once and took a point literally an inch from the exit.

I didn't look real close at the 3 line in section 7, but at a glance, the log crossing/uphill looked pretty soupy. I know that one of my club members struggled a lot on the 3 line in section 7.

I know what you mean about the "headimus up assimus" points. I've taken a lot of those. It stinks to take a 5 by missing a split. :wallbash:

That jump was a hoot. There was a neat little jump between the trees just out of section 5, but I learned on the first loop that you had to watch your head if you jumped it. Oops.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I assume section 5 was the one in the stream with the bridge where when you came out of the stream, you went through that deep (yet short) mud pit that I saw a trench 6" deep through? That was fun to watch, but it definitely looked like trying to ride through pudding with packed trials tires.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

phoo wrote:I assume section 5 was the one in the stream with the bridge where when you came out of the stream, you went through that deep (yet short) mud pit that I saw a trench 6" deep through? That was fun to watch, but it definitely looked like trying to ride through pudding with packed trials tires.

~Patrick
That's the one. It got even worse as the day went on except for the ending. The ending got better as it got totally blown out because it went from several deep ruts to one deep hole. It was easier to go straight through the exit at the end of the day.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap