I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

New Toy

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

New Toy

Post by J&J » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:46 am

Got a new toy yesterday, hope this photo works. It's a 1976 ty 175 trials bike, it's rough but runs great & priced right. Will be an ongoing project for the two of us. Now I need to save up & find another one so we can both compete.

Last edited by J&J on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

pmullen
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: New Toy

Post by pmullen » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:50 am

With Photobucket - it appears my tag is broken. BUT! you can click on the right in PhotoBucket where it says "Image Links" and selct "Direct Link"

then paste that between [ img ] tags

go back to your post, click "edit" and you'll see what I did.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:53 am

Thanks guys, you can see I'm a little challenged on this.

pmullen
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by pmullen » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:02 am

with so many DAMN guys getting into trials, I might have to start a dedicated trials forum! :brows:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:56 pm

Neat bike. Ive only been to a few trials events but the guys on the vintage bikes seemed to do pretty well. At least at the level of competition I was watching.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:49 pm

Yup. sweet bike. The Yamaha's are tanks and will outlast the ice age.....This place will become your best friend

http://www.bjracing.com/ty175.html
Lots of cool bikes---

motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:20 pm

J&J wrote:Got a new toy yesterday, hope this photo works. It's a 1976 ty 175 trials bike, it's rough but runs great & priced right. Will be an ongoing project for the two of us. Now I need to save up & find another one so we can both compete.

WooHoo!

mid-atlantictrials.com

Next event is in York, PA, probably an hour or so from you. May 4 is a vintage event (modern bikes too) and May 5 is a modern event. Definitely come out to spectate and hang out, even if you decide not to compete.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap

J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:09 pm

motojunky wrote:
J&J wrote:Got a new toy yesterday, hope this photo works. It's a 1976 ty 175 trials bike, it's rough but runs great & priced right. Will be an ongoing project for the two of us. Now I need to save up & find another one so we can both compete.

WooHoo!

mid-atlantictrials.com

Next event is in York, PA, probably an hour or so from you. May 4 is a vintage event (modern bikes too) and May 5 is a modern event. Definitely come out to spectate and hang out, even if you decide not to compete.
I would definitely sign Jacob up for York but we are signed up for an Enduro class at Seven Mountians that day. There aren't enough weekends :frustrated:

BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:24 pm

Firebolter wrote:Yup. sweet bike. The Yamaha's are tanks and will outlast the ice age.....This place will become your best friend

http://www.bjracing.com/ty175.html
These are SWEET bikes. In the 70's a cute little gal Gail's size (~ 100 lbs) had one and she and Gail used to ride enduros (with Gail on her 1974 Yamaha MX100 that I had tamed down with an enduro flywheel, gear box and pipe). These 2 gals were both VERY fit and skilled and they embarrassed a LOT of BIG STRONG HE-MEN :lol2: on bigger bikes by motoring around them while they were stuck trying to get up nasty rocky muddy North Ala. and North Ga. hill climbs :loveit:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike

J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:27 pm

By the way we did go to New Windsor & Candytown to spectate.... that's pretty much how we got the bug. Looks like the next close one will be July7 at Taylorsville :thumbup: