I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New Toy

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

New Toy

Post by J&J »

Got a new toy yesterday, hope this photo works. It's a 1976 ty 175 trials bike, it's rough but runs great & priced right. Will be an ongoing project for the two of us. Now I need to save up & find another one so we can both compete.

Last edited by J&J on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: New Toy

Post by Rut Row »

With Photobucket - it appears my tag is broken. BUT! you can click on the right in PhotoBucket where it says "Image Links" and selct "Direct Link"

then paste that between [ img ] tags

go back to your post, click "edit" and you'll see what I did.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Thanks guys, you can see I'm a little challenged on this.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

with so many DAMN guys getting into trials, I might have to start a dedicated trials forum! :brows:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Neat bike. Ive only been to a few trials events but the guys on the vintage bikes seemed to do pretty well. At least at the level of competition I was watching.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Yup. sweet bike. The Yamaha's are tanks and will outlast the ice age.....This place will become your best friend

http://www.bjracing.com/ty175.html
Lots of cool bikes---
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

J&J wrote:Got a new toy yesterday, hope this photo works. It's a 1976 ty 175 trials bike, it's rough but runs great & priced right. Will be an ongoing project for the two of us. Now I need to save up & find another one so we can both compete.

WooHoo!

mid-atlantictrials.com

Next event is in York, PA, probably an hour or so from you. May 4 is a vintage event (modern bikes too) and May 5 is a modern event. Definitely come out to spectate and hang out, even if you decide not to compete.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

motojunky wrote:
J&J wrote:Got a new toy yesterday, hope this photo works. It's a 1976 ty 175 trials bike, it's rough but runs great & priced right. Will be an ongoing project for the two of us. Now I need to save up & find another one so we can both compete.

WooHoo!

mid-atlantictrials.com

Next event is in York, PA, probably an hour or so from you. May 4 is a vintage event (modern bikes too) and May 5 is a modern event. Definitely come out to spectate and hang out, even if you decide not to compete.
I would definitely sign Jacob up for York but we are signed up for an Enduro class at Seven Mountians that day. There aren't enough weekends :frustrated:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Firebolter wrote:Yup. sweet bike. The Yamaha's are tanks and will outlast the ice age.....This place will become your best friend

http://www.bjracing.com/ty175.html
These are SWEET bikes. In the 70's a cute little gal Gail's size (~ 100 lbs) had one and she and Gail used to ride enduros (with Gail on her 1974 Yamaha MX100 that I had tamed down with an enduro flywheel, gear box and pipe). These 2 gals were both VERY fit and skilled and they embarrassed a LOT of BIG STRONG HE-MEN :lol2: on bigger bikes by motoring around them while they were stuck trying to get up nasty rocky muddy North Ala. and North Ga. hill climbs :loveit:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

By the way we did go to New Windsor & Candytown to spectate.... that's pretty much how we got the bug. Looks like the next close one will be July7 at Taylorsville :thumbup: